shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cut emerald, early pics

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inken from Enhoerning jewelry found me a 6.4 x 6.3 asscher shaped Columbian emerald... pure green with a very slight blue tinge. A slight bit lighter than trade ideal from the Chivor mine. Natural with minor cedar oil. Very clean face up, some inclusions visible pavilion up, nothing deal breaker. But sort of a trade off between saturation and glow, so less saturation but more glow. Pics to follow

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one better than the other one, the round. You can actually see into the store and through it. While inclusions are accepted in emeralds, they shouldn’t be so numerous that the stone is almost translucent and very sleepy. Looking forward to what you think when you get this one. I would just caution you not to use the stone holders, they can chip stones very easily, especially emeralds.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one better than the other one, the round. You can actually see into the store and through it. While inclusions are accepted in emeralds, they shouldn’t be so numerous that the stone is almost translucent and very sleepy. Looking forward to what you think when you get this one. I would just caution you not to use the stone holders, they can chip stones very easily, especially emeralds.
Oh ok, thanks for the advice.

I also can’t wait to see it.

Reactions: T L

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you've already decided to pass on the litnon one, but can you say a comparison of the price per carat between these two stones?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this one. Hope you’ll love it.

voce

Ideal_Rock
This emerald looks very promising. I'm looking forward to when you receive it. I got lucky with rubies and sapphires, dove right into spinels with lots of mistakes made, so now I'm going to learn a lot from threads such as this so I won't make expensive mistakes when/if I buy emerald. I really appreciate this thread and the other one you made and the range of pictures you show us. Lots of fun and learning for me!:geek2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you've already decided to pass on the litnon one, but can you say a comparison of the price per carat between these two stones?

This one is $300 more give or take. I’d have to double check tomorrow for exact numbers and I’d have to compare sizes. I forget the size offhand of the Litnon one. Litnon one, 1.3 carats, this asscher 1.1 carats is what I’m thinking

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This emerald looks very promising. I'm looking forward to when you receive it. I got lucky with rubies and sapphires, dove right into spinels with lots of mistakes made, so now I'm going to learn a lot from threads such as this so I won't make expensive mistakes when/if I buy emerald. I really appreciate this thread and the other one you made and the range of pictures you show us. Lots of fun and learning for me!:geek2:

Oh, have you seen my sapphire thread? Lol. (Sapphire in avatar). I took gem **** photos of that one and posted lol. Here, there, everywhere, all lighting conditions including led, outside, inside, etc. it’s super shifty but gorgeous.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is $300 more give or take. I’d have to double check tomorrow for exact numbers and I’d have to compare sizes. I forget the size offhand of the Litnon one. Litnon one, 1.3 carats, this asscher 1.1 carats is what I’m thinking
Good price, and it faces up with a nice spread.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good price, and it faces up with a nice spread.

It’s bigger than my 1.53 carat diamond asscher Er lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emeralds have a low specific gravity, so they face up huge for a one carat gem.

Yes, it’s pretty funny, a nice perk. Sapphires are dreadful for face up size.

Reactions: T L

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great. I remember you said you didn’t like the Colombian emeralds, but the material coming out of the Chivor mine is a different color than Muzo. The crystals are clearer and lighter. I can’t wait to know what you thing about it. 6mm is a great size

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great. I remember you said you didn’t like the Colombian emeralds, but the material coming out of the Chivor mine is a different color than Muzo. The crystals are clearer and lighter. I can’t wait to know what you thing about it. 6mm is a great size

I can’t wait to see it. I had to laugh that it was another asscher, but I do love asscher cuts.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so we had a little blip. Inken double checked everything before she overnighted the stone (receive today) and the measurements were wrong, so the accurate measurements are: 5.77 x 5.73. It is 1.11 carats, which is what the vendor told her.

The previous measurements were given to her by the vendor, so... you know... he is a trusted vendor, but this is an unknown. Likely a mistake and nothing nefarious.

She immediately emailed me and offered to refund the stone, but I want to see it, so she overnighted it and it says out for delivery by 4 (having super bad luck these days with fed ex and ups so here’s hoping).

If I keep it, I’ll probably send it for a gem brief since it’s going to have to sit a while before it gets set anyway.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its 50 minutes late now, but at least it’s on the truck.

Yes, we should have a new thread: “out for delivery” lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! I love it. Keeping it.

The weather is rainy and seems like it might storm soon so these are photos in low light.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
The color of your handshots look like Chivor color. I love square cuts!

Do you like what you see?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a very pretty medium toned stone. They’re much harder to photograph indoors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results