shape
carat
color
clarity

Ashoka cut?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Good morning fellow sparkly lovers.

Does anyone have any personal experience with the "Ashoka" cut?

I'm looking for a new wedding band. I finally found one I like. I has both sapphires and "Ashoka" cut diamonds. I had never heard of this particular cut before, so I was wondering if anyone can chime in about it. I have Googled it and it seems to have been around for awhile but would like to hear anyone's personal experiences with it.

The designer is Kwiat, which I believe to be an older and reputable brand. Again, if anyone has any opinions or personal experiences about them, please chime in. I was simply taken by the design and look of the ring. It is the first band I've tried on that is both substantial yet comfortable, icy cool and sparkly (they use E color diamonds), and contemporary yet also retro/deco looking. In person the workmanship is exquisite.

I'm kicking myself because I didn't take any photos at the jewelry store (I was smitten and I forgot about photographing it!). The only pic online I could find was this one, though it absolutely does NOT do the ring justice.

One small piece of background is that I wear my wedding band and my engagement ring on different hands. I like it that way. I am not into stacking. Therefore, I like each ring to be substantial and stand on its own. This ring is wide, I'd estimate a quarter inch, and has presence.

Any thoughts/opinions/personal experiences would be appreciated.

Kwiat Diamond Sapphire Band.png

Last edited:

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
I’ve seen several, both the branded and non branded versions. The branded ones have been consistently well cut. IIRC, I think they face up larger than cushions and emerald cuts of similar carat weight.

Regarding the cut itself, I think that’s a personal taste question and I’m not sure they’re everyone cup of tea - there have been a couple here over the years but not too many (one, if I remember correctly, was a halo’d m color that took a while to sell). If you ever resell that might be worth thinking about, though the size in this ring might be more appealing than having it as a centre stone. I’ve only seen them in ~ 1.5-2.5 carat sizes.

If there‘s more I can be helpful about let me know.

Also, I think that band looks lovely!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a 0.51ct D VS2 branded Ashoka solitaire that I wear as a right hand ring. I agree with the above poster that they face up large for the carat weight. The facet pattern reminds me of waves in motion as the light reflects off them. I really adore this cut. If you like the band then by all means purchase it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen them but never owned one. I think they look so cool! I like that band - I too am a fan of substantial rings or stacks and that one looks like it's a knockout.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is gorgeous!!! :love: And yes, Kwiat is a well regarded company. I say if you love it go for it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Ashoka/crisscut styles are a favorite of mine. They are not terribly common, but I think they are so interesting. Pretty band.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grace had one for sale a few years ago. It was set east-west in a gorgeous setting. It was stunning! I’m still kicking myself! :doh:

That band is gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results