shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET and IS image evaluation

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
image.png image.png
Hi, how will you guys evaluate above ASET and Idealscope images? I just attached the original images first and will further indicate what come to my eyes most particularly, thanks~

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image.png
    image.png
    410 KB · Views: 15
  • image.png
    image.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.png
    image.png
    410 KB · Views: 17

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, looks great!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a beautiful stone from BGD?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a beautiful stone from BGD?
Yes, I believed many of the experienced PSer would noticed that~ And I would like to further complete my question as I can access to computer now so that Iam able to have remarks on the images.
ASET.png
I may be nitpicking, but would really want to have better understnading on the images. My question is should I worry for places that I circled in different colors in the ASET (please refer to below remarks for details)? And what's the cause of them?
Yellow circle: pale blue found next to the arrow heads at 8 O'Clock & 10 O'Clock position
Light blue circle: blue color consistently found next to the head of all arrow shaft
Red circle: Blue color found between bottom of some arrow shafts
Blue circle: size of the little blue triangles between each arrow heads are sometimes not even

Fellow experts, should there be a issue for the mentioned?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
And anyone think that the arrow shafts are not pointing to the arrow heads "accurately"? Or just my perception?
ASET Arrow Position.png

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing to worry about ...all of BG's signature stone will pass the ASET , IS and HCA test. Is this a blue fluor stone?
Thanks Dancing Fire. Please forgive me for being a bit over sensitive as this is my first online purchase:) But I am still wishing to have assurance & confirm the reason for that. I did read from other threads / articals that ASET & IS photography is difficult to make, and some flaws in images may probably due to slight tilt of the stone / camera /anything else involved. As the circled "flaws" are all blue, it shouldn't be leakage for my understanding, so it turns into a question for me, what are they then?

BTW, it's a signature H & A~

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 11
  • clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 14
  • clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 12
  • clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 14

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dancing Fire. Please forgive me for being a bit over sensitive as this is my first online purchase:) But I am still wishing to have assurance & confirm the reason for that. I did read from other threads / articals that ASET & IS photography is difficult to make, and some flaws in images may probably due to slight tilt of the stone / camera /anything else involved. As the circled "flaws" are all blue, it shouldn't be leakage for my understanding, so it turns into a question for me, what are they then?

BTW, it's a signature H & A~

Blue should be more equal to contrast, not leakage or dullness. White & black will indicate that in a ASET.
That is an amazing stone!! Great find!!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the table, depth, crown & pavilion?

YoLaL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Can share the cert please. So far the ligth performance is at the best.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Can share the cert please. So far the ligth performance is at the best.
Only accessible to mobile device right now but can't download the cert, don't know why, let me do it once get in front of PC.
Just some more info., crown height 15.3

YoLaL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I understand, just take your time. Is this there Super Ideal Cut diamond?

Only accessible to mobile device right now but can't download the cert, don't know why, let me do it once get in front of PC.
Just some more info., crown height 15.3

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Blue should be more equal to contrast, not leakage or dullness. White & black will indicate that in a ASET.
That is an amazing stone!! Great find!!

Matthews1127 is correct, the blue color is the contrast or obstruction pattern that is shown in the ASET tool as light entering the diamond from 75 to 90 degrees when viewed exactly perpendicular to the table. It is very important to have contrast, as it makes the observed diamond much more interesting to the eye. As the diamond is moved, even by as much as your heart beating, some of the obscured facets turn on and other facets turn off. It is this on off action that actually creates the sparkle (scintillation) that our eyes love.

Pete Yantzer, the former Executive Director of the American Gem Society Laboratory told a group of Crafted by Infinity dealers at a meeting in Dallas many years ago that a one carat round brilliant cut diamond tilted 40 degrees from perpendicular to one side and then back to the other would have approximately two hundred thousand scintillation events. However, how many of these could be observed by the human eye depended on how large the original flashes of light are as each reflection of the light from the virtual facets inside the diamond become smaller and smaller until the unaided eye can no longer see them.

He went on to say that a poorly cut diamond could have fewer than 5,000 visual scintillation events, and that the best cuts might have as many as thirteen to fifteen thousand eye visual scintillation events.

As with spices in a well made meal, you can have too much or too little obstruction. It is a delicate balance. When done correctly, the results make your eyes, and your heart joyous.

Wink

YoLaL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great! So it's there signature H & A. Can ask them the H&A images . I wish to see the hearts images to confirm its a true hearts .=)2 . Do you have it?

Yes, you are right, it's a signature H & A

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good! what is the color and clarity?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Matthews1127 is correct, the blue color is the contrast or obstruction pattern that is shown in the ASET tool as light entering the diamond from 75 to 90 degrees when viewed exactly perpendicular to the table. It is very important to have contrast, as it makes the observed diamond much more interesting to the eye. As the diamond is moved, even by as much as your heart beating, some of the obscured facets turn on and other facets turn off. It is this on off action that actually creates the sparkle (scintillation) that our eyes love.

Pete Yantzer, the former Executive Director of the American Gem Society Laboratory told a group of Crafted by Infinity dealers at a meeting in Dallas many years ago that a one carat round brilliant cut diamond tilted 40 degrees from perpendicular to one side and then back to the other would have approximately two hundred thousand scintillation events. However, how many of these could be observed by the human eye depended on how large the original flashes of light are as each reflection of the light from the virtual facets inside the diamond become smaller and smaller until the unaided eye can no longer see them.

He went on to say that a poorly cut diamond could have fewer than 5,000 visual scintillation events, and that the best cuts might have as many as thirteen to fifteen thousand eye visual scintillation events.

As with spices in a well made meal, you can have too much or too little obstruction. It is a delicate balance. When done correctly, the results make your eyes, and your heart joyous.

Wink
Thanks Wink for taking the time to explain, to educate and to share. I've been learning some valuable stuff from reading your posts, with some of them were even years ago. Can I interpret the said stone as the meal with that delicate balance of spices I prepared for my girl? =)
As it seems no one actually worry about those extra contrast in the images, I believe I am close to pull the trigger. Thanks a lot!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Stone looks fabulous. I see nothing that would prevent me from buying it.
One more issue! With cloud being the only inclusion type under VS2, plus a note that" edition all clouds not shown", would you guys think there's a problem.
I asked BGD, and they expressed that this stone is completely eye clean. Just want your 2 cents also~

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more issue! With cloud being the only inclusion type under VS2, plus a note that" edition all clouds not shown", would you guys think there's a problem.
Shouldn't be an issue with a VS stone. If you have any concerns you can talk to Brian.

YoLaL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For VS2 cloud inclusions just to be sure check with them if wont affect the transparency of the diamond. Because some diamond under VS2 cloud can see some milkiness/hazy appearance. And thats my 2cents:mrgreen2:

I asked BGD, and they expressed that this stone is completely eye clean. Just want your 2 cents also~

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spec as below:
Table: 56.1
Depth: 61.9
CA: 34.9
PA: 40.8

I'm guessing this is why you were asking about a high crown & high pavilion in the other thread.

You should read this:
https://www.prosumerdiamonds.com/crown-angle/

In particular this is what caught my attention. Before reading, let me be clear that I think with a super ideal stone such as the BGD stone in question, you are fine. Brian is at a much deeper level than this "generic data".

Steep-end of the Ideal Crown Angle
For a fixed table percentage, a steeper crown means that the crown is higher and the crown facets are larger. This means more incident light rays can fall onto the prism-like crowns generating more dispersion so the diamond will have more fire.

The trade-off of having a steeper crown angles is that the lower girdles tend to begin leaking light once you go over a 35-degree crown even if you have a 40.8-degree pavilion. This happens because the lower girdle angles are dependent on the pavilion angle and the lower girdle length and a steeper pavilion causes even steeper lower girdle facets.

Even with a 40.5-degree pavilion and shallow lower girdles, you really do not want the crown angle to be over 35.5 degrees.

According to standard assessments, a steep crown angle will disperse light away from the observer in the assessment. This means that although you may not be able to see the diamond’s fire, other people looking from an angle might think it has a lot of fire. Also, a higher crown means that a lot of the diamond’s weight goes into the crown height rather than the width and hence reduces its spread.

If we are talking about a 34.5/41 CA/PA combination vs a 34/41 CA/PA, my personal preference is the 34.5/41. For me, the trade-off of decreased light return is more than made up for in the increase in fire. This is because weaker light return under the table can have a positive effect in terms of the contrast of the diamond.

You will even find that some super-ideal diamonds have crowns that are closer to 34.8-degrees. This is done to improve the fire in the diamond even further and is only something that should be done in a precision cut diamond. This is why super-ideals seem to contradict the general idea that there should be an inverse relationship between the crown and the pavilion angles.

For VS2 cloud inclusions just to be sure check with them if wont affect the transparency of the diamond. Because some diamond under VS2 cloud can see some milkiness/hazy appearance. And thats my 2cents:mrgreen2:

I would agree with @YoLaL. Call BGD and confirm.

It's more concerning when clouds are the grade-setting inclusion with the "additional clouds not shown" in the notes when you are looking at SI clarity stones. It's less of a concern with VS clarity stones, but it's certainly not guaranteed.

At the least, it has created concern so the prudent thing to do is ask so you can have peace of mind.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire, YoLaL, diamondseeker2006 & sledge, I will consult BGD as suggested.

I'm guessing this is why you were asking about a high crown & high pavilion in the other thread.

You should read this:
https://www.prosumerdiamonds.com/crown-angle/

In particular this is what caught my attention. Before reading, let me be clear that I think with a super ideal stone such as the BGD stone in question, you are fine. Brian is at a much deeper level than this "generic data".

I would agree with @YoLaL. Call BGD and confirm.

It's more concerning when clouds are the grade-setting inclusion with the "additional clouds not shown" in the notes when you are looking at SI clarity stones. It's less of a concern with VS clarity stones, but it's certainly not guaranteed.

At the least, it has created concern so the prudent thing to do is ask so you can have peace of mind.

sledge, THANKS again for forwarding such useful information to enhance my understnading on the issue. You are right, I asked about steep CA & PA combo because I am considering such stone. I feel more comfortable now on the proportions after getting all your feedback on the images as well as the article you provided.

And for your further info. / interest, below is the inclusion diagram.
Inclusion Plotting Diagram.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're very welcome @Double E. I'm glad it helped. When you call BGD you should also ask Brian to explain the higher crown and higher pavilion as well and I am sure you will get a much more thorough and detailed response.

That inclusion plot is awesome in the fact, nothing is on the table. Being a super ideal I highly doubt there are any cloudy or hazy issues, even if it were an SI1 or lower. BGD and similar hand pick stones and vet them. They have clientel with different expectations so I'd be very surprised if there are issues.

Just curious, what size of stone are we talking? 1, 1.5, 2 carats, etc? The smaller the stone, the less concern for some items IMO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results