shape
carat
color
clarity

Asccher comparison--ASET included!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sasafras410

Rough_Rock
I recently contacted the customer service at James Allen after reading through price scope and requested pictures, GIA reports, and ASET on the following two items. The ASET images for both are included, as well a picture of the 1.05 carat asscher. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, as i have never made a diamond purchase in my life!

Price: $4300
Shape: Asscher
Carat weight: 1.22
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 68.4%
Table: 62.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Medium to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium blue
Measurements: 5.93*5.96*3.89
Ratio: 1.01
file:///Users/sgunner/Desktop/1.22%20asscher.jpg

and

Price: $3900
Shape: Asscher
Carat weight: 1.05
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: IF
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 69.3%
Table: 64.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Slightly thick to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.62*5.60*3.88
Ratio: 1.00

file:///Users/sgunner/Desktop/1.05%20asscher.jpeg

file:///Users/sgunner/Desktop/1.05%20asscher.jpg

sasafras410

Rough_Rock
A picture of the 1.05 asscher.

1.05 asscher.jpg

sasafras410

Rough_Rock
The ASET of the 1.05 asscher.

1.05 asscher ASET.jpg

sasafras410

Rough_Rock
The ASET of the 1.22 asscher.

1.22 asscher.jpg

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 4:57:32 PM
Author: sasafras410
The ASET of the 1.05 asscher.
First one looks promising. Can you get an Idealscope I would want to know if the very centre region (p1) would be dark or not.

sasafras410

Rough_Rock
I don''t believe James Allen supplies ideal scopes and ASETs for different stones--they give one or the other. The man i spoke to on the phone, Darren, said the gemologist who looked at the stone said it was beautiful.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 5:55:35 PM
Author: sasafras410
I don''t believe James Allen supplies ideal scopes and ASETs for different stones--they give one or the other. The man i spoke to on the phone, Darren, said the gemologist who looked at the stone said it was beautiful.
Yes they can get you an Idealscope on the same stone. Many here would also suggest a sarin scan as well.

I see blue(obstruction) in ASET of the p1 region and some darkness in the same area in the photograph, I would want to know how dark that area is upon tilting.
Ask him how bright the very middle of the stone (the first pavillion step) is in various lighting.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First ASET looks ok and the patterning is good, the important thing is to check the centre brightness, to ask if the dark areas around the table are visible in normal viewing conditions such as being worn in a ring, also can you get the crown height from JA please, they should be able to run a Sarin scan to get this value on request. The second stone's patterning is off and the ASET image isn't great, I prefer the first if it checks out with the above mentioned queries.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results