shape
carat
color
clarity

Artists/Designers similar to CVB?

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Wondering if there's a reputable artist/designer with a similar style to CVB. Searching for "antique" or "vintage-inspired" doesn't quite capture CVB's finesses and edge. I see her style as a mix of modern and antique, with very refined details. I'd like to expand my horizon and see if there are other artists out there that I'm missing out on. Great customer service with a prompt response time would be a huge plus, given that CVB isn't great on response time or responding at all.

I know there's David Klass, but seems like you'd have to furnish him with the designs. I also know there's Leon Mege and Victor Canera, and while they meet the intricate, detailed, refined aspects, their designs seem to be more modern and (dare I say) less "edgy"? I'm in particular looking for unique/edgy designs.

Thanks in advance.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i can't think of a designer who has that same aesthetic, which is why i am guessing a lot of people deal with the communication issues that keep popping up in threads

kind of along the same lines but not so refined:
Chelsea Swank (more punk/goth vibe)

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I quite like Sholdt, and I know their work is high quality. An number of PSers have worked with them, and I love their 1935 line in particular. Their website seems to be hinky at the moment, so linking their Insta.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I generally like CvB’s aesthetic but more the antique inspired pieces. Some of the dainty ornate pieces (not really what anyone seems to go for on pricescope) aren’t my thing. I think you could look at singlestone for that kind of piece, definitely quirkier then VC in my opinion.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fair warning, I haven't bought from this company, but enjoy their instagram! Love the tiny details, like the mountain in this gallery https://www.instagram.com/p/CI1MbwYlA_7/

I just got this ring from The Northway Studio yesterday and couldn’t be more pleased with the whole experience. She doesn’t set outside stones but I bought this one ready made.

1.59 ct unheated natural sapphire
1.28 ctw natural diamonds
18K yellow gold

AD8EA0CE-4B8F-42E6-8CD7-D330AA8DE708.jpeg 2491B9A0-7706-4A50-85E9-19A2174A05E5.jpeg 89944B5D-3730-4F42-80A6-B26562F12CF7.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I just got this ring from The Northway Studio yesterday and couldn’t be more pleased with the whole experience. She doesn’t set outside stones but I bought this one ready made.

1.59 ct unheated natural sapphire
1.28 ctw natural diamonds
18K yellow gold

AD8EA0CE-4B8F-42E6-8CD7-D330AA8DE708.jpeg 2491B9A0-7706-4A50-85E9-19A2174A05E5.jpeg 89944B5D-3730-4F42-80A6-B26562F12CF7.jpeg

that is lovely! I have always liked the work of that vendor, but never bought. Too bad they don't work with an outside stone though!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you know what you want and don't need a set catalogue to pick from, Sako of Cicada/Old Minor has impeccable workmanship. I have had things from multiple vendors and he is at the top of my list.

EW is another level of price or two, beyond CVB usually. I think CVB is as popular as she is because lovely designs, really well defined details and in my experience, excellent quality, with a pricepoint that while is not budget, is not eye watering.

For Art Nouveau or deco styles with enamel, Holly Hague Designs. Super reasonable price point as well. Her quality for the price is an incredible value.

Take a look at the collaborations with Gem Breakfast as well. Lots of independent designers with a more edgy look with some vintage underpinnings.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the wonderful ideas here! Looks like I’m going to be quite busy tonight (and many more nights) browsing through these new sites. More temptations!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Someone mentioned Sako above. I’ve never bought from him but his jewelry looks very well done and it looks like he can do any style.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness. I’m almost sorry I asked lol! Sako, EW, and a few others mentioned above are exactly what I was looking for. That quirkiness and exquisite beauty!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I am following this intently as I too have some dream CVB pieces.
Have you got stones already and are looking for a designer or would you get someone to source your stones for you?
I am seeing a lot of Jacob K on Instagram but not sure they set outside stones.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
I am following this intently as I too have some dream CVB pieces.
Have you got stones already and are looking for a designer or would you get someone to source your stones for you?
I am seeing a lot of Jacob K on Instagram but not sure they set outside stones.

Nope, no stones. I was actually looking at some of CVB's bands. I'm in a band phase :D

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, no stones. I was actually looking at some of CVB's bands. I'm in a band phase :D

Hahaha... My dream one day - I would like to reset my current ring to a CVB Lisette.. then get the CVB Legacy band.. yummy!!

teddycake

Rough_Rock
If you know what you want and don't need a set catalogue to pick from, Sako of Cicada/Old Minor has impeccable workmanship. I have had things from multiple vendors and he is at the top of my list.

EW is another level of price or two, beyond CVB usually. I think CVB is as popular as she is because lovely designs, really well defined details and in my experience, excellent quality, with a pricepoint that while is not budget, is not eye watering.

For Art Nouveau or deco styles with enamel, Holly Hague Designs. Super reasonable price point as well. Her quality for the price is an incredible value.

Take a look at the collaborations with Gem Breakfast as well. Lots of independent designers with a more edgy look with some vintage underpinnings.

Would you know the price range of Sako? Like, is Sako about CVB's price range or EW's? I know diamond/gem prices can vary, so just wondering about the settings. Thank you!

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
Sako is fantastic and is also CVBs bench. I have a ring from him and another project in the works. He's very approachable, If you contact him via Instagram he's always been very responsive.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
If it is bands are you are interested in, I would suggest looking at Singlestone; there is a lot of similarity in style there...

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Would you know the price range of Sako? Like, is Sako about CVB's price range or EW's? I know diamond/gem prices can vary, so just wondering about the settings. Thank you!

It depends. Sometimes less than her for sure, but it depends a lot on the design and level of detail. He'll give you a budget range.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sako is fantastic and is also CVBs bench. I have a ring from him and another project in the works. He's very approachable, If you contact him via Instagram he's always been very responsive.

Caysie has multiple benches - he does some of her work.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Yes, this is correct. She's got different vendors she works with for her pieces. Missed that post.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I have been a little reluctant to chime in, but considering it is a consumer forum I hope this is helpful. I do not mean to be denigrating, but rather share a different perspective.

I worked with Sako on one project. I wonder if working with him is kinda similar to David Klass in that you might need to have more creativity or pick an exact design. This is my experience alone, I can't comment on anyone else's. But I personally found the process stressful and I wouldn't work with him directly again. I would however LOVE to have him as a bench, but through another designer that can manage the communications or create CADs. Let me explain...

I had to really know what I wanted and needed to have eagle eyes for CADs. I didn't, and there was a design issue that didn't meet my specifications, and it meant that I had to have the ring scrapped (there was an addtl stylistic thing that I asked for that I ended up not liking, the ring being flush, so that was my doing alone!). Maybe I am more picky than most, but communications turned...not the best by the end for a variety of reasons I won't go into here. However, I got two great side stones out of it that he sourced.

The craftsmanship was impeccable. I mean it. Like, he's a wizard. Hence my comment about him being a bench for other projects. But communications were more "casual" than I prefer, pricing was competitive, but things weren't written down (everything was in chat) so I had to keep track of details. Pricing was not in aggregate - it was per item (e.g. per CAD, per slight change in scope). Nothing wrong with that at all, it is more an FYI.

There are pros and cons working with any designer. Some you click with, some you don't. No harm, no foul. Just because we didn't click, doesn't mean you won't so please take this with a grain of salt!

blingthing

Shiny_Rock

Yes, very true. I don't know who the others are to give as an example. He is the only one I've dealt with personally. I've purchased from both Sako and CVB and details on both are impeccable. I'm sure the other artisans are excellent too. :)

teddycake

Rough_Rock
I have been a little reluctant to chime in, but considering it is a consumer forum I hope this is helpful. I do not mean to be denigrating, but rather share a different perspective.

I worked with Sako on one project. I wonder if working with him is kinda similar to David Klass in that you might need to have more creativity or pick an exact design. This is my experience alone, I can't comment on anyone else's. But I personally found the process stressful and I wouldn't work with him directly again. I would however LOVE to have him as a bench, but through another designer that can manage the communications or create CADs. Let me explain...

I had to really know what I wanted and needed to have eagle eyes for CADs. I didn't, and there was a design issue that didn't meet my specifications, and it meant that I had to have the ring scrapped (there was an addtl stylistic thing that I asked for that I ended up not liking, the ring being flush, so that was my doing alone!). Maybe I am more picky than most, but communications turned...not the best by the end for a variety of reasons I won't go into here. However, I got two great side stones out of it that he sourced.

The craftsmanship was impeccable. I mean it. Like, he's a wizard. Hence my comment about him being a bench for other projects. But communications were more "casual" than I prefer, pricing was competitive, but things weren't written down (everything was in chat) so I had to keep track of details. Pricing was not in aggregate - it was per item (e.g. per CAD, per slight change in scope). Nothing wrong with that at all, it is more an FYI.

There are pros and cons working with any designer. Some you click with, some you don't. No harm, no foul. Just because we didn't click, doesn't mean you won't so please take this with a grain of salt!

Thank you for sharing that experience, it's helpful to hear about the actual working relationship experience. I can understand how something like communication style or design process can make a project more stressful. To me, prompt and detailed response is very important.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m doing a piece with Sako right now. My first project with him - others like @elizat have much more experience working with him. He’s definitely not one for formalities. I can see him being a not-great fit for many PS clients. Just like Caysie isn’t a great fit for many PS clients.

I personally tend to have clearer opinions of what I don’t want than what I want, so my preferred working style is “you design, I’ll photoshop from there and/or veto”. Caysie and I do well together. Sako seems like a good fit.

Of all the jewellers I have worked with (I’ve not worked with all the vendors listed in this thread) Erika Winters is the only one who sticks to her production time estimates. Every single other vendor - I just assume my projects will be delayed some unknown amount.

@teddycake Since you’ve brought up communication as a priority, best approach might be to set expectations with your vendor up front. Let them know that this is something that is very important to you, and if you have dealbreakers. Doing this... You will eliminate a LOT of options, but that’s likely for the best as they wouldn’t have been good fits anyway.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock

How would you rate cost for : Dk, cvb and sako ( order of least to most expensive). Any quality difference between the 3?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results