shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Marquise & French Cut Dinner Ring from JbG

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Look at what I picked up at the border today! JbG can't ship to Canada, so I had her send it to border storage and drove down (work smork) as soon I saw the delivery show up on UPS!

I am sure those of you who peruse her site or IG have seen this ring already but...here she is: elongated marquise centre, french cut halo, and OEC sidestones in platinum. I love how low profile it is! I know this won’t be to everyone’s taste but it is pretty darn stunning, even more so than JbGs awesome pictures show (and definitely more than my photos show!)

It is quite icy white (especially compared to my K antique cushion!) though it is reflecting lots of colours in my in car photos. The sparkle is crazy, and very different than that from my antique cushion ring.

You can see way better photos and video on her site here: https://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/Vintage-and-Antique-Rings/Art-Deco-Marquise-and-French/i-Tc4SfSd

First up, iPhone photos in my car as I could not wait once I picked her up:

I bought her as a RHR, so here she is:

image_4372.jpg

But my left ring finger was jealous, and I kind of like her pointing in...she is sized too big for this finger though so I can actually tilt her almost straight N/S:

image_4374.jpg

Car mirror shot!:

image_4376.jpg

All by her lonesome, once I got home:

image_4378.jpg
image_4379.jpg

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Uh, sorry some of those turned out sideways, I cannot work my husband's laptop - it drives me crazy!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well I for one, love it! Enjoy your new ring!!! ::)

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
RetroTreeGal|1461027287|4020952 said:
Well I for one, love it! Enjoy your new ring!!! ::)

Thanks, I am! It is currently taking turns on each finger to see which side I like it better!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and romantic ring! She looks stunning on you! Enjoy! :love:

Q

Queenie60

It's a beautiful ring. Enjoy and thank you for sharing. :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats I love the halo of French cuts in the setting!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is stunning! It's so beautiful & detailed. Now I want BOTH of your rings!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and beautiful - and most importantly, it looks fabulous on your hand! Enjoy!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1461049195|4021045 said:
Congrats I love the halo of French cuts in the setting!!

Yeah, I told someone yesterday that the marquise caught my eye, but the french cuts hooked me in!

The mixed cuts make it a very dynamic ring, they all respond differently in the same light.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I won't clog up the thread to respond to each of you separately, but thank you all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:
More pics please. :appl:
No such thing as clogging the thread up. The more pics the better! :love:

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous & so unique!! :love: :love: We definitely need more pictures & the more the better for sure! :naughty: :appl:

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks missy and staci76 - I will definitely try and get more photos when I have some time, though I think Grace's photos will beat any I can take!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That is fabulous!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so unique! I've never seen anything like this! I'd want to go out for dinner EVERY night to show this dinner ring off! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, really stunning!!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1461087564|4021243 said:
This is so unique! I've never seen anything like this! I'd want to go out for dinner EVERY night to show this dinner ring off! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Ha ha. When I was talking to Grace about buying it I told her I don't really go out for many cocktails, but I will need to start!

Unfortunately, today it has been locked up in the office with me all day :(

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beauty!! I love the elegance and dramatic presence it has on your hand. Its like "yes, I'm going to the opera ....oh... and this old thing?!?...why I've had it for-EVAH!!" :D Fabulous new to you present - and who really wants to go to work when there's a treasure waiting for you across the border?? I hear ya on that one!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lorrissey, dk168 and Laila619!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1461107591|4021408 said:
That is a beauty!! I love the elegance and dramatic presence it has on your hand. Its like "yes, I'm going to the opera ....oh... and this old thing?!?...why I've had it for-EVAH!!" :D Fabulous new to you present - and who really wants to go to work when there's a treasure waiting for you across the border?? I hear ya on that one!

Thanks Enerchi! It definitely has presence, but it's low-profile nature keeps it a little more understated in an odd way that makes it very wearable. So far it is more like "yes, I'm going to the grocery store to buy milk..." :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
RaiKai|1461107919|4021411 said:
Enerchi|1461107591|4021408 said:

Thanks Enerchi! It definitely has presence, but it's low-profile nature keeps it a little more understated in an odd way that makes it very wearable. So far it is more like "yes, I'm going to the grocery store to buy milk..." :lol:

Ok... you can buy milk... but it has to be consumed in a fancy goblet, hows that for compromise?? :lol: :loopy:

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring!! I love it. :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhh Aaahhhh!!!! What a stunning ring!!!! I am loving these antique rings you are picking out!! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That,s so cool...I love the unique shape and twist to it! Beautiful!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT.. congrats.. it looks perfect on you!!! :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it's gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: Love all the design details and it looks fabulous on your hand RaiKai! :appl: Would love to see more pics!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone else for your kind comments!

I am quite enamoured with this ring and don't want to take it off! I would never have done well in the "no diamonds before dinner" ages.

When I saved it to my JbG wishlist, I added one word to the comment box" "Stunning!", and it really is. The little details - especially those little "swoops" and milgrained bezeled OECs embracing the sides - are just so exquisite in person. They add a nice soft contrast to the sharper lines (and plain bezels) of the french cut halo and clean bezeled marquise. To me it almost looks like the marquise & halo are being carried along a babbling brook or gentle wave of water. The scuba diver in me loves that idea, even if it might be a stretch!

As always with these kind of pieces, I wonder who designed it, who made it, what was in their mind, for whom was it made, where was it worn. For me the mystery is part of the appeal...and there was no PS back then to be able to try and trace it back ha! There is some engraving (it looks like initials "T.R." and what might be a year I can't make out well) on the side on the opposite side the metal stamps) which adds to the appeal.

junebug17, I will try and take and upload some more pretty photos in next while. Lots of crazy work drama right now and no time!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Art Deco Marquise & French Cut Dinner Ring from JbG

Gorgeous!!! I love it! But I just ordered a new diamond from JbG and I live in Canada... Why doesn't she ship to Canada? I wasn't aware it would be a problem..:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results