shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco ish ring help

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, I found this gorgeous Art Deco ish ring and wanted some advice and opinions re this. what's it worth potentially?
Genuine 18 carat white gold band holds a square mount.
The mount is set with one princess cut, six baguette cut and twenty four brilliant cut diamonds.
There is also a further five brilliant cut diamonds channel set into each shoulder of the ring.

_21831.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's unusual and very pretty!

scratch

Rough_Rock
Hey laurenk that's really pretty!

As for worth, I don't know if anyone can guess without knowing further specs... do you happen to know the specs of the diamonds or any other information on the ring - is it a genuine art deco ring or a replica?

If you're trying to sell it I would definitely get it appraised. Good luck!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's a replica, judging by the cut of the stones (MRBs and a princess in the center), design (that kind of cluster with the prong set raised center is a product of the last ten, maaaaaybe twenty years), and workmanship (Deco craftsmen were really finicky about the finishing, generally). It's a pretty design. I've see comps for between 200 and 800 on the secondary market, no idea what they cost retail (and of course that will also depend on the quality of the stones). Good luck!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't tell what it would be worth unless you have the stats - size colour and clarity of the stones in it.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

_21924.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn't look like it'd be worth that much and most things are only worth what you pay(or less usually)...but buy it if you love it, for you will be the one wearing it. I love baguettes and princess cuts but I'm not a fan of any type of "cluster" ring personally and find that those tend to be worth a lot less. It seems the baguettes and the bezel around them are a tad crooked, I don't know if it's a real art deco piece but doesn't seem well made from the picture. I think you could find something much lovelier than that one.

Taste is subjective though. I wouldn't ever ask someone else what they think of a piece of jewelry I was going to buy because their taste and opinion of value is just that, an opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results