shape
carat
color
clarity

Art deco diamond, platinum, synthetic sapphire ring

Cynthadia

Rough_Rock
From the collection again. I can barely keep track of all the pieces.

Gemologist's comments:

1. OEC
2. Center diamond weight: 1.19 carats
3. Tiny, insignificant chip (his comments)
4. High quality, clean stone (his comments)
5. Measurements of diamond: 7.1 average diameter, 3.88 depth, girdle - thin to extremely thin, no culet, table size - 53,
6. Color/clarity: stone at least VS1+. He couldn't see any flaws (under microscope), but did not remove stone to check under prongs. Color - J, which gemologist reports is a "complete guess."
7. Sapphires are synthetic. Note: When I asked him why would someone put synthetic stones in such a nice ring, he told me that when this ring was made, synthetic sapphires were more expensive than real sapphires. Go figure!
8. Weight: 3.07 grams

It was very difficult to get a picture of this ring. I can tell you that it's incredibly comfortable, which was a complete surprise considering that the other rings are not comfortable, at least on my fingers.

Weiss(15)(6).JPG

Weiss15 (6).JPG

Weiss15(5).JPG

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Wow Cynthadia, you really have some fantastic bling! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous collection!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
beautiful~

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a gorgeous piece!! Love it! :love:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! The center stone is beautiful and the setting is a really excellent Deco design. Yep, most settings with sapphires as accent stones from this time period used synthetic. I've seen ads from the '20s and you could order settings with sapphire, emerald or ruby in the same style usually. I think sapphire was by far and away the more popular option, since that's mostly what survived. And they did specify synthetic stones, which I guess must have been a selling point. After all, aluminum was used for fine jewelry when it was discovered, since it was so rare and expensive at the time :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results