shape
carat
color
clarity

ARGH! not happy with Jared!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
So we went to Jared today... they were SO shady!!

first they said that to make the ring how I want it, it will be at LEAST $1500 more! the setting I liked was $1900 to begin with! (it''s not even platinum!) Then I asked them if they had a brochure or a picture of it that I could have so I could remember it or compare it to other rings I was considering - and they obviously said NO. Then I just asked for the manufacturer name and the model #... they said "there''s no way for us to tell what manufacturer made this ring"

can you believe that!!! come on! if they want to order another one, they have NO way of knowing which manufacturer to call?

So now i''m stuck again... I dont want to spend near $4000 for just the setting... and I want to know how much whiteflash would be willing to make the same setting for (hopefully a more reasonable price!) but I wanted to show whiteflash a picture of it, since I cant describe all that!

oh, and they also kept trying to convince me that I would like other rings that weren''t "exactly" what I was looking for "but close enough". that bugged me too!! why would i want something "close enough"?

ok, i just wanted to vent... and hopefully someone will have a solution to this conundrum of mine...

if only i had a photographic memory and a talent for drawing... then this wouldn''t be so hard
3.gif

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
just talked to whiteflash - they''ll have a quote for me by monday! yay! :)

hopefully it''s not a bazillion dollars :)

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Did you find a picture for Whiteflash so they could give you a quote? Or do you think you remembered enough to describe to them?...just curious...

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
the one i want is similar to my best friend''s ring. we had picked out our settings independently - turned out they were the exact same one! (i guess there''s a reason we''re best friends
3.gif
) she got engaged first, so she got that setting. so i want what is basically the same thing, but modified so they''re not exactly the same. also, my fiance wants me to have something more unique. so that''s why we''re trying to go custom...

i''m realllllllllly hoping that whiteflash''s quote isnt too high... cause i realllllllllly love this ring... i''m keeping my fingers crossed! they said they''d have the quoted by monday!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry you had a bad experience at Jared''s. But hopefully WF will come through for you, at a price you can afford. I will look forward to hearing what they say on Monday. From my experience WF is reasonably priced.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your Jared''s experience. I went there once and never again! I am sure WF will help you come up with a beautiful design in your price range. They have done nice work for other members of this forum & I have been in touch with them myself regarding their settings. Their customer service has been great so have fun with your project!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I went in there once too and was so turned off. I had an earring repair and they wanted to charge me $500 to fix the setting on one of my diamond studs. Just to repair a prong! I thought they were joking and they told me platinum is harder to work with. It was not even a hard repair. One of the prongs was not done right to begin with and then got caught in my hair and was sticking off the diamond.

I looked around the store and was als turned off that in the "emeral" section and "ruby" section etc, they were featuring chatham created stone. Lab stones and not even mine stones. Cheapie looking settings too.

I ended up getting that stud repaired at a mom and pop jeweler recommended by my neighbor for $40! And I won''t shop chain jewelers again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results