• No

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ETA @OboeGal my DL doesn't expire until 2021 but I don't have a RealID yet, so I want to get that out of the way before it's required for travel in October (not that I'm planning to travel then, but it will give me peace of mind just in case). Our BMV is open by appointment only so I scheduled one next month. Not sure if I'll have to do the vision test or not, but it seems like having appointments would give staff time to thoroughly clean the "doohicky" in-between customers.

I think that they may have extended the deadline for needing the RealID until October of 2021 - I seem to remember reading that a couple places. You might want to check into that and save yourself having to fuss with it until next year, if I've got that right.

I hope you're right about cleaning the doohickey!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
We are still trying to be careful. We grocery shop every 2 weeks or so early in the morning as soon as they open. We do get take out occasionally- as long as we can pick up the food outside. We have gotten together with friends outside for cocktail hour a couple of times staying about 6 feet apart. We walk, bike ride, and take rides around town in the golf cart (when we're at the coast). Our state is rising in both hospitalizations and new cases since it has opened- now at Phase 2. Our primary home is in a county with a lot of cases. We had been spending quite a bit of time in our coastal home where cases were few. Unfortunately, as soon as the state opened up, people have flocked to the beaches- obviously bringing Covid 19 with them as the cases there have doubled since the opening. We now feel more vulnerable there, but will head back soon. I actually think we'll be taking more precautions there than before. We always wear masks when we go out. We will not be eating out, we will not get together with friends indoors. I am not going to my hairdresser yet. Too many people are not taking precautions. We are at risk and my 97 year old Mom who lives a few doors down from me even more so- I will continue to be cautious for quite some time.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 , as someone who has struggled with depression and anxiety most of her life, I sympathize and send you big virtual hugs.
What did your doc say about non-addictive anxiety meds?

Thanks, @alittlelight ! In January my doctor prescribed Xanax for quick relief from anxiety attacks. But I was experiencing anxiety pretty much every day, and I didn't want to develop a tolerance for or habit of a benzo. I did my own research to find Buspar (buspirone) would likely do the trick as a daily med. I just messaged her via the hospital's patient portal and made my case for it. She didn't reply back, just called in the order. She also prescribed trazodone for insomnia, which has been very helpful. I have previously taken Vistaril (hydroxyzine) which is used mostly for allergies but also helps with anxiety. However, taking it for more than 4 months isn't recommended; it's been compared to Benadryl and its potential to increase the likelihood of dementia years later.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OboeGal thank you! Just checked and you're right--the Real ID deadline is now 10/2021!

@pinkjewel sorry to hear so many are crowding your beaches. When I go to Orlando next week I won't be driving out to the beaches at all. There is plenty to do outdoors there and in Winter Park where my friends live that allows for social distancing. I'm bringing my rainshell and Chaco sandals so even if it rains I can still explore.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I are both high-risk due to age as well as health conditions for us both. We also live in a county that right now has exponentially increasing new case and new hospitalization numbers, AND everyone vehemently refuses to wear a mask (unless they are forced to at work) or practice any kind of social distancing, even if they are politely asked to back away. So.....we will continue to SIP as we have until there is a vaccine or a reasonably effective, available, and affordable treatment.

We have all groceries and supplies delivered or shipped except my Rx's, and I get those only every two months with masks and gloves on, paid for by phone, and have them bring out and put in my open trunk for me. I had to get a broken tooth checked out and take my dog to the vet briefly - again, masks, gloves, as much distancing/reduced contact as possible, and giving her a bath when we got home (which she was due for anyway). (They were still not allowing owners inside and would come out to get pets.) When we need gas for the mower, we go very late at night when the gas station is deserted with masks, gloves, and a protocol. Other than that, my husband does not leave the property at all, and I only do to go on a run or walk my dog, where I choose my route to avoid others. I already cut my own hair and have for years. DH lets his grow a fair bit before hair cuts, so only goes about 3 times a year; he has informed me that he is not taking the risk, so I'll have to cut his, too. (I need to start reading up on how to do that!)

Unfortunately, my drivers license expires at the end of the year, and the BMVs are now open again in Ohio, so I'll have to go deal with that at some point - and that means removing my mask for the picture as well as having to stick my face in the "doohickey" that they use to check vision. :blackeye: So I'm worrying about how to try to reduce risk there. I'm monitoring the counties within a reasonable driving distance and may go to one of those to do it if it looks safer there.

Can you renew by mail? If not, you should check with the offices in your area. The ones here (WA) stopped doing vision tests even when they opened offices again. Worst case, wipe down before use.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not continuing to quarantine. I AM, however, continuing to wear my masks in public places that are enclosed such as grocery stores, shops, and Target.

I am taking a long weekend trip to Florida next weekend and will mask in the airport and on the plane, and anywhere else I might be around people and talking. I'm visiting friends I haven't seen for a few years and we will socialize outdoors, weather permitting. A few days ago I took my daughter to visit my parents for her birthday. We have been socializing outdoors but their dining room is large enough to accommodate all 4 of us at distances of 6' or more apart, and there are 2 entrances to the room.

Last weekend I took her to one of our state parks and we picked up lunch curbside to bring with us. We ate overlooking a spectacular view from atop one of several vistas. Hands sanitized in the car. Then we went horseback riding. They had plenty of hand sanitizer available and the horses keep you socially distanced, haha. We had a BLISSFUL 30 minutes before anyone said anything about social distancing and I was snapped out of my reverie having not thought about COVID for that length of time in several months.

A friend of mine and I are driving separately to a nearby Farmers Market tomorrow morning. The market has lots of safety rules in place such as wear a mask, hand sanitizing stations, don't linger, only touch the item you intend to purchase and maintain social distancing. They ask high-risk folks to come the first hour.

I'm planning more state park visits all over my state this summer. Indiana Dunes just became a National Park last year and I'm planning a weekend in Chicago to take my daughter to the American Girl store after it reopens 6/15 and then to the Dunes on our way back.

I am doing what I can to keep others safe while recognizing that there are still things to do outdoors that promote physical fitness and mental well-being.

I live in a university town and the President of IU just announced that students (30k of them) will return for in-person classes in August, and then from November-December, everything will be online. Seems like he is taking into account a potential 2nd wave happening in the fall and wants students to go home for Thanksgiving and not return until later in 2021. Soooo, yeah. I'm doing what I can these next couple of months before they all come back from highly populated areas that have been hard hit by COVID before we inevitably are ordered to quarantine again. My town's Reddit is inundated as it is with posts about huge parties near campus all hours, all days of the week. And that's just the 10k students who stayed for the summer. 30k more returning in the fall and we're looking at another wave for sure. Many of our students are from NY and NJ. Like, an unbelievable amount.

ETA @OboeGal my DL doesn't expire until 2021 but I don't have a RealID yet, so I want to get that out of the way before it's required for travel in October (not that I'm planning to travel then, but it will give me peace of mind just in case). Our BMV is open by appointment only so I scheduled one next month. Not sure if I'll have to do the vision test or not, but it seems like having appointments would give staff time to thoroughly clean the "doohicky" in-between customers.

State park visits sound like a great idea! Your daughter is going to have so many fun memories of doll stores and parks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My answer is Other.

We are continuing to practice common sense and while we aren't quarantining in the strict sense of the word we are minimizing our contact with others. We are at our beach house (for the past few weeks) and are cycling (and hiking) weather permitting all while keeping our distance from people. We continue to wear masks while grocery shopping (the only shopping we are doing in the stores and everything else we need or want online) and when we might not be able to keep a good distance from others (ie use public restrooms). We continue to take it one day at a time and when that seems overwhelming we take it one hour at a time.

The beaches here are mobbed and we will not be going onto them anytime soon. Riding by it seems packed with people. And in some of the beach towns here (Belmar for example) houses are filled with young people renting. Social distancing seems to have been forgotten and I am concerned we will be experiencing a rebound sooner vs later. It is inevitable from what I am observing all around here at least.

But we continue to do what we can and continue to practice social distancing and mask wearing in necessary situations. And of course washing our hands often.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 7.40.28 AM.png

cyclingbayshoretrail.jpg

But cycling in the fresh sea air does the soul a world of good. And keeps it all in perspective. One day at a time. One hour at a time. Living in the moment.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many people are going to the grocery store. Why? Do they not have delivery in your area?

I might never step foot inside a grocery store again because delivery is so convenient.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many people are going to the grocery store. Why? Do they not have delivery in your area?

I might never step foot inside a grocery store again because delivery is so convenient.

It's a long wait for delivery generally and even then you do not know what they will be able to get and what they can substitute for the original item should they not have the item(s) you want/need. That's the reason we are doing our own grocery shopping here. We wear masks, keep our distance from others, move quickly through the store not lingering and hopefully that keeps the risk at a minimum.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it depends on where you live. We had no new cases reported this weekend. It wouldn't make sense to stay shut inside forever when the numbers are very low.

I like to see what I'm buying. If I buy watermelon I like to see what the cut wedge looks like not have some teenager pick me a dodgy wedge.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My answer is Other.

We are continuing to practice common sense and while we aren't quarantining in the strict sense of the word we are minimizing our contact with others. We are at our beach house (for the past few weeks) and are cycling (and hiking) weather permitting all while keeping our distance from people. We continue to wear masks while grocery shopping (the only shopping we are doing in the stores and everything else we need or want online) and when we might not be able to keep a good distance from others (ie use public restrooms). We continue to take it one day at a time and when that seems overwhelming we take it one hour at a time.

The beaches here are mobbed and we will not be going onto them anytime soon. Riding by it seems packed with people. And in some of the beach towns here (Belmar for example) houses are filled with young people renting. Social distancing seems to have been forgotten and I am concerned we will be experiencing a rebound sooner vs later. It is inevitable from what I am observing all around here at least.

But we continue to do what we can and continue to practice social distancing and mask wearing in necessary situations. And of course washing our hands often.

cyclingbayshoretrail.jpg

But cycling in the fresh sea air does the soul a world of good. And keeps it all in perspective. One day at a time. One hour at a time. Living in the moment.

DH is out on a solo 70 mile ride today, made me think of you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What social distancing ??? These HKners are packed like sardines. I'm surprised there aren't more Covid 19 cases in HK.

1590958374297.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My answer is Other.

cyclingbayshoretrail.jpg

my friend lives in Belmar :(2

those protests have really given me the willies (we had them here today) its a public holiday- Queen's birthday and alot of young and angry people were out
we havn't had a new covid case in NZ for 10 days and only have one active case but who really knows if there isnt an asymptotic person out there about to set of a new cluster and then we will be right back where we were and all that staying home will have been for nothing and the economic pain will be paralysing
i see the news and im terrified for you all
yes black lives matter and that policeman was so wrong but protesting with out a mask and not practicing social distancing is going to kill many people

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a long wait for delivery generally and even then you do not know what they will be able to get and what they can substitute for the original item should they not have the item(s) you want/need. That's the reason we are doing our own grocery shopping here. We wear masks, keep our distance from others, move quickly through the store not lingering and hopefully that keeps the risk at a minimum.

substitutions are hit and miss !
i got the strangest looking baking powder - in a plain plastic bag with a black and white label but at least i got baking powder
we are doing click and collect - last week no substitute for a box of cat food, i wanted one box of loaf but the jelly and the gravy box came
i said no fish substitute - not nothing !
ill have to risk life and limb and get them the store brand from the 4 Square to get us through the fortnight because Gary's least favorite meal is roast chicken !

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just trying grocery delivery for the first time today! Getting messages in real time here — no, I do not want ground beef instead of strip steak, click decline substitution!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds I just realised you and I are polar opposites when it comes to quarantine attitudes (you're cautious whereas I'll go and eat trays of sushi prepared by goodness knows who) yet we still get along :love::love::love:

PS Hubby has to drop into work on Wednesday. I'm debating that vicious vermicelli dish that makes me sick again.....hmmm.......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results