shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these too big for my ears?

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been wanting to get larger studs that the 1 ctw studs that I've had and worn for years. As you all know; however, as the diamond gets bigger, the price increases exponentially. I came across these on Instagram and purchased them. The centers are estimated to be 1.75 cts each, with each halo added another .25 cts of diamond weight. IMG_8335.jpg IMG_8345.JPG IMG_8362.jpg When they arrived and I opened the box, I noted how pretty they looked. Size didn't seem to be an issue. Once I put them on, my first response was "Oh my, they're huge, waaaay to big for my ears". I don't have small earlobes, either. Due to the way they are sitting, it also appears as though my piercings are too low in the lobes.

One of my other issues is that they're 14k white gold and may have nickel in them, as my lobes are strangely hurting a bit.

The seller suggested reworking them to separate the center diamonds and make them into stud earrings and make the halos into jackets. If I keep them, that would be the route I would go. I'd love to use gemstones or other precious stones in the center.

I'm asking the following:
1. Are they too big as they are?
2. Do you think as simple solitaires and separate jackets this would work better.
3. Are they so big that they would be perceived as fake?

My ex saw them on me and called them "pretentious". Other comments have been positive.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me they look balanced, since the don't seem to be bigger than the lobes.
They look more centered in your second pic versus the third picture, so I'm not sure about the location irl.

I think a halo/stud combo is more versatile though, so definitely something to look into, if it makes sense financially (over just returning, then buying studs and jackets separately).

I hear you about the nickel. I'm allergic too and it's very uncomfortable.
Be diligent about disinfecting the ears, since mine tend to get infected after an allergic reaction, no matter how often I disinfect. Never happens otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAF

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are a great size but I’m partial to large studs. Your lobes definitely can handle large stud. I would definitely break apart to single studs with option of jackets.

Winterinaustralia

Rough_Rock
I've been wanting to get larger studs that the 1 ctw studs that I've had and worn for years. As you all know; however, as the diamond gets bigger, the price increases exponentially. I came across these on Instagram and purchased them. The centers are estimated to be 1.75 cts each, with each halo added another .25 cts of diamond weight. IMG_8335.jpg IMG_8345.JPG IMG_8362.jpg When they arrived and I opened the box, I noted how pretty they looked. Size didn't seem to be an issue. Once I put them on, my first response was "Oh my, they're huge, waaaay to big for my ears". I don't have small earlobes, either. Due to the way they are sitting, it also appears as though my piercings are too low in the lobes.

One of my other issues is that they're 14k white gold and may have nickel in them, as my lobes are strangely hurting a bit.

The seller suggested reworking them to separate the center diamonds and make them into stud earrings and make the halos into jackets. If I keep them, that would be the route I would go. I'd love to use gemstones or other precious stones in the center.

I'm asking the following:
1. Are they too big as they are?
2. Do you think as simple solitaires and separate jackets this would work better.
3. Are they so big that they would be perceived as fake?

My ex saw them on me and called them "pretentious". Other comments have been positive.

they look great!
I don’t know about fake because I think that is probably a location type of thing, but I think they look really nice and would love to have a pair like that one day :)
“Pretentious” sounds very unkind and although I don’t know any details I would ignore any comments from an ex!
Splitting them might increase wearability but if you love them, just go for them as is, just switch out the metal- nickel gets to me too:(
You lucky duck

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
I've had problems with some metals bothering my ears, so my everyday earrings are set in Platinum. If you decide to separate the stud from the halo and have them reset, you might want to consider Platinum instead of white gold.

I think separating them would make them more versatile, too.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think the size is perfect on you. I would separate the halo when you reset them so that you have more options. (I prefer plain diamond studs for times I want to be more casual and bling them out with jackets when I want a more dressy feel.)

Regarding the comments by your ex. I don't know anything about your split, or about him. But if the split wasn't amicable or if he has insecurity issues, he's probably just trying to tear you down or doesn't see your worth.

Personally, I think each of us need to 100% believe that we have worth and deserve beautiful things. You are beautiful, strong and intelligent so put your chin up and wear your lovely diamond earrings with pride. If a man feels intimidated by that, then HE'S not worth your time.

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are perfection!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ex is an @@@.

I think they look great. If you are still hesitant about the size, then separating them into studs and jackets will work. You can wear them with the jackets anytime you run into your ex.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect on you! And if you remember, I was on here a few weeks ago asking if my 1ctw studs looked too big in my small lobes & everyone said no, absolutely not. And when I see these on you I think yes, gorgeous, despite being twice the size!

So it really is a perspective thing & very much a case of what we're used to seeing & feeling on ourselves. I think they look beautiful. If you decide to pull the studs from the halos then I think these will look fabulous too.

And your ex is an insecure arse. Rock your diamonds & feel fabulous.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe they look great on the OP.

DK :))

Iola80

Rough_Rock
If you're concerned just have them separated and you can wear the jackets when you want to dress them up.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE them.
Not too big
NOT pretentious.
Agree a reset would give you more options and go for platinium to stop any allergy.reaction.
With seperate jackets you can make a whole wardrobe of single gem studs look blingtastic.
you could get pearl studs, sapphire studs, all colours.
thats what I’d do.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't think they are too large. Can you talk on a phone with them on, leaning into it and is it comfortable? That's my test.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelry is such a personal thing but you have to aim to please yourself with it - not anyone else. They look beautiful on you and you need to kick the naysayers to the curb. People have lots of reasons for saying negative things - just don’t let them stick to you. Enjoy those beauties!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look the perfect size
And if anyone says that look fake they are extremely ill mannered and/ or jelouse
Regarding your ex's comments boo hiss

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think they’re a nice size on you! Not too big!

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
they look proper size to your ears! your ex is bitter! :lol-2:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FWIW, ex(fiance) and I are still friends. Not long after I posted, I took them off and blood was coming from the piercings, which has never happened before. So I suppose the allergy issue is real. I'm still having difficulty wrapping my head around their size. I'm still on the fence but have to decide by today. Ugh, decisions, decisions!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love their presence. They’re beautiful. Having said that it would be more versatile to have studs and removable jackets if you think you’d wear them both ways. For more demure days you could enjoy simple solitaire studs and for more large in charge days enjoy them with their jackets. 2 in one. Both gorgeous.❤️ However if you’re allergic to them definitely return them. Get earrings you’re not allergic to.

AceofHearts

Rough_Rock
I think they are too a bit too big if the studs look is what you want. Also you are right about it making it look like your piercing location look off since they hang kind of low.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I think the size will be fine once you remove from the halo as it’s responsible for the visual affect of them sitting so low. My studs are 1.7 each and I find studs between 1.50 and 1.80 to be perfect size.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know the cut and clarity of the center stones? At this size they need to sparkle and be clear. I can’t tell from these pictures

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you know the cut and clarity of the center stones? At this size they need to sparkle and be clear. I can’t tell from these pictures

Oh, Yes, the sparkle. They are uncerted, but G/H color.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Yes, the sparkle. They are uncerted, but G/H color.

I’m such a novice and from what the experts on here advise never to buy uncerted stones. That would be my only apprehension otherwise I would keep.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds too big?! Surely you jest! :lol: In all honesty I love them but would also separate them so you could use them for blingy days and subtle days. Versatility! Love them on you!

kjessop

Rough_Rock
Love them! Saw them too and didn’t act fast enough :lol: But I agree with others and think separating them from the halo will give you options for wear... they look amazing in your ears!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they’re beautiful...and not too big in you! I have a pair of diamond studs with jackets. I wear the studs by themselves 99% of the time. When I went out to dinner..I would wear the jackets with them. That’s mainly because my life is very casual. I think you would get more wear out of them if they are studs with jackets. If you feel they’re heavy in your lobe and tipping over...consider purchasing little round plastic disks that you put on the post before you put your earring backs on. You can purchase them on Amazon.
I would wear them every time I saw my ex...:evil2:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Not too big!! You look beautiful with them on!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results