shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these good side stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Hello again everyone!

I''ve received an e-mail from Leon''s office today and these are the tapered baguettes they''ve chosen to go with my EC diamond (only one choice was offered):

White Baguette-tapered Diamonds (1pair)
Cost explanation:
TOTAL PRICE $443
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Weight: 0.23 ct

Here''s a photo, what do you think? Do they look like they might have a bit of life or are they just pieces of glass?
28.gif
Should I tell them to keep looking?

tapbag023cthkhjkjh.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look nice to me...except the one on the left is dirty (or has dust on or under it). Since they are VS1s I'm
assuming its not inclusions in the stone.

So I say
emthup.gif
(but I'm no expert). Hopefully storm will log on and give you some input.

EDIT - I'm predicting this is going to be a very pretty ring!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2009 5:21:45 PM
Author:Lestat
I've received an e-mail from Leon's office today and these are the tapered baguettes they've chosen to go with my EC diamond

(only one choice was offered):

You dare to anger Leon Mege?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 5:50:51 PM
Author: kenny
Date: 10/19/2009 5:21:45 PM

Author:Lestat

I've received an e-mail from Leon's office today and these are the tapered baguettes they've chosen to go with my EC diamond

(only one choice was offered):

Ya, that's what I was thinking too... :p

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 5:50:51 PM
Author: kenny

Haha! I know! For some reason, the words "No soup for you!" keep ringing though my head... Maybe I''d just chicken out and send the e-mail to his receptionist
28.gif

I''ll hang out for a few more opinions before I risk his wrath though
9.gif

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Any other opinions on these stones? Lorelei, Karl?

Thanks for all the help! I''m starting to wonder if the baguettes are a bit too short... It''s only going to be a tiny ring, around size 3 3/4 so maybe they''re good. The stone on the left looks quite different to me than the one on the right, it seems more glassy, is this just the camera? It almost looks like it''s vertically cracked close to the end nearest the center stone! Should I just close my eyes and put my faith in Leon?
17.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look good with the centre stone Lestat. Bear in mind the bags in the photo are lying flattish on the surface, when set in the ring they will be angled more to go with the flow of the setting and will look different again.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your opinions, I need all the help I can get!

It looks like these will be the ones, I''ve sent an e-mail through to Leon with minor questions (maybe I''m asking for trouble?), but soon I should be moving on to the next steps!

Everyone here is great! Thanks again for all the kind help, you''re really making this the best ring I can possibly get, which is exactly what I want to give my beautiful girl
21.gif

I''ll be back to pester you with more questions I''m sure, but I''ll dangle the carrot and say... I''ll definitely be posting pics when it''s all done!
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2009 9:56:19 AM
Author: Lestat
Thanks for your opinions, I need all the help I can get!

It looks like these will be the ones, I''ve sent an e-mail through to Leon with minor questions (maybe I''m asking for trouble?), but soon I should be moving on to the next steps!

Everyone here is great! Thanks again for all the kind help, you''re really making this the best ring I can possibly get, which is exactly what I want to give my beautiful girl
21.gif

I''ll be back to pester you with more questions I''m sure, but I''ll dangle the carrot and say... I''ll definitely be posting pics when it''s all done!
31.gif
You are most welcome and you are not pestering!!! I adore EC''s and that setting is the classic so I will be very interested to see how this comes out!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful together. They complement the centre nicely, big enough to be visible and not fade into the band but thin enough that they lead the eye straight to the ROCK that is that centrestone - such a classic, elegant combo
30.gif

lingpanda01

Rough_Rock
With the way Leon Mege sets up his baguettes, do you think only really large diamonds look good in it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results