shape
carat
color
clarity

Are "Regular" Diamonds just as sparkly as a Hearts & Arrows or Eightstar Diamond??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitediamonds

Rough_Rock
One diamond rep. I met with said that the hearts & eight
diamonds is all fluff and regular "" diamonds are just as sparkly.

What do you experts think???
rolleyes.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well cut diamonds sparkle more, simply stated. . .

look for yourself and compare!

Michelle

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a regular cut round diamond, a OMC diamond and a H&A diamond. When I compare the three in the same lighting conditions, I would have to say that the H&A diamond does have that extra sparkle.
If I never purchased a H&A diamond and only went by what I have (OMC and non-ideal cut), I would think that there was no way that a diamond could sparkle more. But knowing what I know now, and seeing a difference, I would only purchase H&A diamonds. Of course, for small diamonds, like pave, or diamonds for a bracelet, etc. it wouldn't matter to me as much, but for larger diamonds, such as studs and pendants, I would definitely get H&A's.
I love looking at my diamond and seeing the arrows.
It's funny, but on another website, there is a woman who purchased a 3 carat HOF diamond. Prior to finding out about H&A's, she also purchased a 2 carat non-ideal diamond. Now, after having her 3 ct. for a while, she is contemplating trading in her 2 ct. non-ideal for a smaller HOF diamond. To her, it is more important to get a smaller well cut diamond, than to have a larger, okay cut diamond.

There really is a difference, in my opinion.
2.gif

stumpy

Rough_Rock
"Regular" diamonds can cover a multitude of sins, and probably does. If the question is are non super-ideal diamonds as attractive as the super-ideals and do they possess the same light performance, the answer is, in the vast majority of cases, no.

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Have to say that I had the same question.

tried out some mall diamonds yesterday to get an idea. The H&A were MUCH more sparkly than those with a less perfect cut. The sparkle even overshadowed stones of better colour and clarity. Even my BF agreed and he hasn't been doing the research I have been!

Guess that is not surprising after reading so many of the other posts on this site.

Now, I have decided to get a H&A and drop my colour and clarity values!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results