shape
carat
color
clarity

Are Pricescope special vendor prices bank wire or credit card prices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatkid

Rough_Rock
as per subject line -- Are Pricescope special vendor prices from the search engine bank wire or credit card prices?
or is it vendor by vendor basis?

-r.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't it say clearly here on PS under the prices?

It should!

I complained about this long ago.

It is misleading to publish a price for a vendor that accepts cards unless you also disclose that the low price only applies to wire purchases.

dfm00

Rough_Rock
For Whiteflash the "Pricescope discount" is for payment by bank wire only, based on my very recent experience. I don''t know about other vendors; I''m sure others will chime in.

Dave

fatkid

Rough_Rock
It''s not much of a discount if it''s bank wire rate... ~3% it''s essentially the vendor credit card fees...

dfm00

Rough_Rock
I believe it varies. In my case it was about 5%

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 9:27:13 PM
Author: dfm00

For Whiteflash the 'Pricescope discount' is for payment by bank wire only, based on my very recent experience.
To clarify......from personal experience, I can tell you that WF offers a few discounts, all of which require bank wire transactions for eligibility.

The bank-wire discount is extended to anyone paying with a bank-wire - no further mention needed.

The Pricescope discount is extended to anyone who mentions participation on Pricescope *and* pays by bankwire, and it's generally a bit deeper of a discount than a standard bank-wire discount.

Only one discount per transaction applies.

glchen

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a diamond via James Allen, and they gave me the Pricescope special vendor price (*), and also allowed me to pay via credit card for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results