shape
carat
color
clarity

Are Prices Negotiable??

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I''m curious, are the prices online via ERD or GOG negotiable? Is there any wiggle room, or this a hard price? Just curious, as my FI negotiates contracts for a living, and I want to make sure that he doesn''t go in with a "I''m giong to get a better deal attitude"... We have no problem paying the price listed, but I thought I would ask...I just want to ensure I don''t ruffle any feathers, because I believe that working with these two vendors will ensure that we get the best value possible...but it never hurts to ask
2.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It can''t hurt to ask, as long as you''re open to the idea that the prices are static and you''re not dead-set on haggling - doesn''t sound like you are
1.gif

Especially if you''re buying stone and setting from the same vendor, sometimes they can go down from the list price a bit, but sometimes not.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Online vendors already set their prices VERY low compared to the Brick & Mortar or maul jewelers as they have less overhead - the latter can charge 40%+ more over the online vendors. There is not that much wiggle room left. However, there are discounts available at many of the PS vendors for PS members.

You can certainly ask. Sometimes buying the stone and setting from the place results in a better price too.

If you want a "better deal" aside from that you are better to look at changing your specs a bit such as going down in color etc.

ETA: Many also give a discount for bank-wire purchases too (i.e. 1.5%) - something else to consider.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both...i figured this was likely the case, but it never hurts to as the PS members
2.gif
...I noticed that GOG offers the BankWire price, but ERD doesn''t...it wouldn''t hurt to ask if they recognize a discount for PS members... appreciate the guidance.

alancorp

Rough_Rock
What constitutes being a PS member? Do I have to pay for some kind of membership to get discounts? Thanks.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 3:08:24 PM
Author: alancorp
What constitutes being a PS member? Do I have to pay for some kind of membership to get discounts? Thanks.
You say "I want the PS discount" and then you get it. It is one of those things where knowing about PS means you are a member
4.gif

nosirrah

Rough_Rock
Like they say, it never hurts to ask. That is unless you''re so rude about it that people don''t want to deal with you. Well, maybe then it kind of does hurt to ask.

Anyways, from my experience GOG''s prices are pretty straightforward. I think they even have a video somewhere explaining while they appreciate PS, they don''t want to penalize others for not knowing about it and thus they don''t believe in dual pricing. I talked to ERD as well in my process. Others have commented on the board that there is a bit of wiggle room, but don''t expect anything crazy. Two different pricing approaches for two companies that are run differently.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results