clarity

Aquamarine in Platinum Art Deco Halo

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congrats!!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 oh my god! This turned out so stunning!!! What do you think of the bezel now that you have one?(you know I love them!) The gallery on the aqua is divine too. Love the whole thing!
The workmanship on the other 2 rings is also very impressive. The engraving on the sapphire, wow!
Is Debebians on Hill St? I'm going to the diamond district Friday, I want to go check them out! Thank you for introducing us to your jeweler!

I hope you are recovering well! Texting while driving is so dangerous. Seriously people, nothing is that important that you can't wait to text when it's safer. So sorry you got injured, Swaye!
I almost missed you because you changed your profile pic!

I didn’t really think bezel’s were ‘me’ but I have to say that I am loving this one! I started the project in June but it was really your blue zircon that made me think of a blue stone in a bezel setting. I wanted something a little more glam but still blue jean/sweater worthy, if that makes sense? I am as obsessed with ring design as I am with the center stone, maybe sometimes even more. Most people don’t always look or care but each detail has to be right or it will bug me. I had to get used to the size by adding the halo but that only took a day! I think we have about the same diameter but with different stone sizes. It actually sits pretty low but I can switch out any of my bands and I am happy for that. To me that is the difference between ‘good’ and ‘great’ design is when bands can be easily interchanged.

Sam and Maggie are on Wiltshire Blvd.The address is 611 Wiltshire Blvd Ste#802. I think they moved a few blocks over a decade ago because they wanted to do their own thing. They are very talented and a lot of fun, but as I said, they are not on the boards as much. I have only seen a few posts and they enjoy my constant design challenges. I am not great with patience for some of the other designers and when I have an idea, I need to start on it right away. As you well know, because I am always working on something else at the same time.

I am sue you are enjoy your’s as well! Thank you for the bezel inspiration. I am converted now! Since I have had to spend some time in bed, I set it on my table so it is one of the first things I see when I wake up. I am probably getting a little weird about this!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous! :love: I hope you have a speedy recovery.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@swaye2010 I'm glad you are enjoying it! I totally feel you on design, it's the hardest part for me because I want details to be just right, and the design is part of what I enjoy, not just the stone. I want to love the details, the engraving.
I'm struggling right now with my latest venture. ... I'm stuck between simple and elaborate....the struggle is real, lol.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring. The aqua is beautiful- love the cut. And the workmanship of the ring is truly impressive. Thank you for sharing.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 I'm glad you are enjoying it! I totally feel you on design, it's the hardest part for me because I want details to be just right, and the design is part of what I enjoy, not just the stone. I want to love the details, the engraving.
I'm struggling right now with my latest venture. ... I'm stuck between simple and elaborate....the struggle is real, lol.
Well you can’t say that with out more details/pics! Seriously, I am in the same boat with my next project. Since some sort of King Kong decided to step on my box at the post office and break the tip off my tourmaline. I had to go for another recut. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate a yellow cup to hide my modern stone window that now looks like an OEC. I am stuck on the details and I can’t quite figure out what to do. I am also a sucker for engraving. I don’t typically like to see any plain metal either because I don’t like scratches. It is either full eternity or I will engrave the heck out of it so it will always look new! Sam is always very patient with my design dilemma’s!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@swaye2010 I'll tag you in my own thread so you can see my dilemna.. I'm meeting with the jeweler Friday to finalize design and I'm like: This. No, wait : This.
Um, er...
Strugglin'.:confused:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. You are a perfectionist, everything is so well though of.
Congratulations on your recovery!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
You have the most aquamarine I've ever seen, didn't know they came that lovely. And you've set it to perfection. May its beauty speed your healing.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW this is a stunning ring collection. I don NOT believe that this is "on the lower end for PS projects," in price or impact. You did a beautiful job. There is a thread called "Fabulous CS rings under 1200 dollars" perhaps you could add this lovely new ring. It would astonish me if it qualified.

I hope you have fully recovered from your injuries and that looking at this ring helped you heal.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 that is breathtaking. I'm a suck for the octagonish shape but damn, out of the park.

The channel is so incredible and those little details! Would you mind sharing general ranges for going custom with Debedians? I spoke with Maggie briefly about a band and she was great and responsive. I didn't pull the trigger but that was more me realizing the style wasn't going to work #greatbandhunt

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! I adore asscher cuts :kiss2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the aqua and your choice of setting.

Wishing you good health!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 that is breathtaking. I'm a suck for the octagonish shape but damn, out of the park.

The channel is so incredible and those little details! Would you mind sharing general ranges for going custom with Debedians? I spoke with Maggie briefly about a band and she was great and responsive. I didn't pull the trigger but that was more me realizing the style wasn't going to work #greatbandhunt

They have all the standard settings on their website that you see from most companies. What you don’t see on the website though is a lot of their custom work. It gets mixed in with their IG posts but I wish it was separated out so people could see it. Since they make all their settings from scratch anyways, it doesn’t really cost anymore for the setting to go custom. I think there is a bit added in for the CAD fee.

I kind of found them randomly 5 years ago because I wanted to buy a morganite as another ring. I was talking to Maggie about the $7800 I had just spent with a local jeweler on the ugliest halo ring ever made. I eventually came back to them to reset it again at less than half the price with much larger diamonds. I like that they have their own trades and the engraver is very good.

I have a tourmaline that I am doing next. The same guy who did the aqua cut it for me but it got damaged in the post and I had to get it recut again. I was checking on a price with Debebian’s today about a setting and they said they will be having some big Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials coming up.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @swaye2010 I am all over that. Stalking their site and IG er conducting meticulous research

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a stunner! I really love this type of halo. Do you have a side view?

Thanks! Posted some pics here

Mine is a convertible ring/pendant.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely wonderful aquamarine ring and I love the yellow sapphire ring it inspired!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Posted some pics here

Mine is a convertible ring/pendant.

Yes - you took this to a whole other level. This is the second convertible ring/necklace I have seen lately. It is a statement piece with all the small details and engraving that I love. What a fantastic piece!

I find bright yellow to be such a happy color. I haven’t read through all your thread yet but your yellow sapphire is just amazing!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to stare at this aquas setting! Its so timeless.

Oh & @Polyhex your avatar ring is incredibly stunning!!!!! If its yours please please please create a thread with some more photos of it! I'm in love with emerald target rings!

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are absolutely stunning!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! I love the gallery and I love how on the side you can see how the bezeled stone is set up a little higher from the rest of the halo. Such a wow ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results