shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine/heirloom ring project complete

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
I finally received my wife''s pendant from the jeweler about two weeks ago. It turned out very nice, IMHO. Pictures here and to follow.

The ring was my dad''s mom''s wedding band. Although it is impossible to clearly make out, it is inscribed from my grandfather to my grandmother. This was the companion to the diamond I had recut and reset earlier this year.

Specs: 2.35ct pear aqua. .10TCW in 5 rb''s, averaging 1.65mm each, HI VS1. Ring and bar are both Pt.

aquaringpendant6_resized.jpg

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
second photo

aquaringpendant4_resized.jpg

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
third photo

aquaringpendant_resized.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that is a fabulous, and stunning, way to recycle family heirlooms! I love the concept, so lovely, indeed!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet aqua!

I love the pendant!

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
That is lovely. Such a tribute to her Grandparents!

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 8:43:31 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Now that is a fabulous, and stunning, way to recycle family heirlooms! I love the concept, so lovely, indeed!

Ditto that! What a wonderful way to cherish those pieces! Lovely!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very unique and beautiful piece! Looks great. What a great idea for reusing a special ring. Pretty aqua, too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very neat idea. Gorgeous aqua.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a very sentimental and special piece! It''s beautiful.
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a beautiful color for an aqua and a lovely design that sets it off elegantly. Enjoy it for many years to come!

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 10:42:40 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
That''s a beautiful color for an aqua and a lovely design that sets it off elegantly. Enjoy it for many years to come!

Thank you.

Our jeweler brought in three stones for me to consider and this was the one that I thought had the best overall charm. This was the largest of the three, and actually I thought it was a bit too large for the ring. One stone was a very deep blue (at least for Aqua), but it was the smallest and although faceted nicely, was not nearly as brilliant as the one chosen. The third stone was the nicest in size ,but was slightly less blue than the one I chose and it had a small window.

Although I really appreciated the rarity of the deep blue, it was just too small to appreciate the faceting, and I really liked the brillance of the large stone, especially since it shows off the nice cut well.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it. The pendant turned out so beautiful. What a lovely idea to use your grandma''s ring.

Linda

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That''s an excellent way to reuse the wedding ring! The pendant turned out really well.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - that is such a cool idea! I love it - the aqua is to die for!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a brilliant idea and makes it so unique and special. The aqua is gorgeous!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely sentimental piece of jewellery. Its great how you used the wedding band.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It would be great to see neck photos of that piece. Could your wife please model it for us?

I'm thinking that idea would be fun to do with a red garnet in a yellow gold ring. Again, what a creative, inventive, as well as sentimental piece!
36.gif

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 7:17:54 PM
Author: Fly Girl
It would be great to see neck photos of that piece. Could your wife please model it for us?

I''m thinking that idea would be fun to do with a red garnet in a yellow gold ring. Again, what a creative, inventive, as well as sentimental piece!
36.gif

It might take a day or two, but that shouldn''t be a problem.

kcgunesq

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure I know the protocol for a "neck shot", but here is my effort.

BTW, this is a cheap sterling chain. I have a couple other items on my list for her and I'll upgrade to a Pt chain, to keep it all Pt, in the next year or so.

julieneckaquasmall3.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 8:48:49 PM
Author: kcgunesq
I''m not sure I know the protocol for a ''neck shot'', but here is my effort.

BTW, this is a cheap sterling chain. I have a couple other items on my list for her and I''ll upgrade to a Pt chain, to keep it all Pt, in the next year or so.
Thank you so much. That piece has great presence. Loving that aqua even more. The ring serves as a wonderful frame for it.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
How sweet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results