shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua and Blue Zircon pendant?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I posted a thread inquiring of using white sapphires as halo and thank god for my PS buddies. You guys did it again. Provided some awesome advise and options!! Thank you all!

I have a CAD of my pendant design from jeweler.

This is My 1st time using a stone other than diamonds in halo design. I really do love the contrast of the blue zircon and aqua together. The different tones of blue are pretty IMO.

14 wg
Halo has Eighteen 2.25mm blue zircons
3.62 ct Aqua

What are your thoughts? Please share.
icm_fullxfull.206668436_qv688t6tum8w0oo0gkok.jpg icm_fullxfull.210899735_f8wuiknwz1ss0koko4co.jpg icm_fullxfull.210899759_i2k7h55q9pcgcosg48o0.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and I love the back of the setting! :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the two shades of blue together, as well as the back of the pendant! I might be tempted to wear it that way too;-)

Thank you. Daniel M is the jeweler. He did a great design for the back of the pendant. I wanted to try wearing this pear pendant different. I'm glad its horizontally slanted. Im so excited !!!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like those blue zircons as melee for the aqua! The workmanship on the back of the pendant is super pretty, too :)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about it. One point of caution- will the small zircons end up being that saturated? I have never seen them that small. But even if they are lighter if might have a nice ombré effect any they will sparkle for sure. Perhaps you can ask Daniel to take a photo of the aqua with the zircons together before setting. If you don’t absolutely love the combo you can fall back on white zircons Just a thought

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sungura great idea.

I did request an real life photo in natural light. The Zircons appear lighter and not as saturated as the CAD shows.
I'm even more in love with the halo. Its going to be more sparkly!!

icm_fullxfull.211017227_h5et2flra3w4sgwcc84w.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
While I loved the two toned blues together, I actually love how close they are in color irl! The zircons will sparkle and the aqua be cool and serene. Love it! I am so excited for you to see the final result.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I loved the two toned blues together, I actually love how close they are in color irl! The zircons will sparkle and the aqua be cool and serene. Love it! I am so excited for you to see the final result.

Me too!! It should be ready in a week. I can't wait:appl:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW this looks stunning! :D

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay...so the update on this...

While the pear Aqua was being set it got chipped.
So jeweler asked me if I knew of a lapidary, he would cover the costs so I recommended Jerry@gemart services.

1. The pendent design got reconfigured for another pear but a 4ct Afghan green tourmaline. Still blue zircon halo.

2. Jerry transformed the
3.63 carats Size: 13 x 9.5 x 6 mm deep aqua pear into a 9.1 x 7.1 x 4.9 mm oval aqua. I didnt see a photo of the chip must have been kinda bad but now I have a gorgeous aqua instead of just an "Okay" one.

190907_222201_COLLAGE-1.jpg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Jerry did a great job! But what a bummer your stone got chipped in the first place! I can't wait to see the pendant, I love blue and green together!
What will you do with the aqua?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He sure did. Thats was my 1st time using him. I always admired his cutting style. The aqua is going to be more brilliant than ever now:appl:
I'm thinking a huge halo setting horizontal.:))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He sure did. Thats was my 1st time using him. I always admired his cutting style. The aqua is going to be more brilliant than ever now:appl:
I'm thinking a huge halo setting horizontal.:))
Holy crap the aqua is insane!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohaaa! I would say this is almost win-win
That aqua is stunning after the recut

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results