shape
carat
color
clarity

Approximately how much would a 4 carat ring cost at Tiffany''s? Cartier? Harry Winston? A regular je

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cidney

Rough_Rock
If anyone has any idea of the pricing, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
A 2ct at Cartier, an F VS1 I believe, was $67K.

A 4ct would probably be over $150K I''m guessing

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The price goes up as color and clarity and of course quality of cut go up... you will play much more for a quality stone that is sold at a well known jeweler like Tiffany or the other jewelers you mentioned.

cidney

Rough_Rock
Aren''t the majority of rings at Tiffany''s, etc. good quality and color?

Also, is Tiffany''s the least expensive of the three in general (out of Cartier and Harry Winston''s)? I was told that Tiffany''s usually runs $20,000 a carat...but of course I like Cartier and Harry''s more ;-)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 4:02:16 PM
Author: cidney
Aren't the majority of rings at Tiffany's, etc. good quality and color?

Also, is Tiffany's the least expensive of the three in general (out of Cartier and Harry Winston's)? I was told that Tiffany's usually runs $20,000 a carat...but of course I like Cartier and Harry's more ;-)

Their rings are all generally high quality, but there are still major markups for each clarity and color that you go up. Also, just so you know, Tiffany's does run about $20,000 give or take a few thousand for the first carat in a decent color/clarity range, but then subsequent carats DO NOT increase by $20,000 per carat. It goes up a LOT per carat after 1.

And usually Tiff's is the cheapest of those three. I'm sure you're looking at well over $100k at each of those retailers, exactly how much above that will depend on the color and clarity you choose.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 4:02:16 PM
Aren''t the majority of rings at Tiffany''s, etc. good quality and color?

Also, is Tiffany''s the least expensive of the three in general (out of Cartier and Harry Winston''s)? I was told that Tiffany''s usually runs $20,000 a carat...but of course I like Cartier and Harry''s more ;-)
33.gif
For what color, clarity? It''s not a set price...

If you type in Tiffany, Cartier, etc. in the search box, you''ll get lots of info, on lots of things. Tiffany has been discussed at great length.
28.gif

cidney

Rough_Rock
I have been searching the forums for info, but haven''t found the exact answers to my questions...

How much would a good quality 4 carat cost at a regular jeweler? Is there any rule like $10,000 a carat???

If tiffany''s is the cheapest, what''s cheaper - Harry Winston or Cartier?

How big of a ring could you get at these stores for $100,000?

Thanx in advance :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 5:16:58 PM
I have been searching the forums for info, but haven''t found the exact answers to my questions...

How much would a good quality 4 carat cost at a regular jeweler? Is there any rule like $10,000 a carat???
There aren''t any ''rules'' like that for anywhere. There are too many variables.

Call them and ask.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 5:16:58 PM

Best to call them and ask. And no, there are no rules as 10,000 a carat.

cidney

Rough_Rock
Thanks - I will. Just wanted to get some info beforehand...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
maybe worth further review at $88,974.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prices go up incrementally the higher you go in carats. A two carat might cost $20K but a four carat will cost much more than double that. No hard and fast rules at all.

If you call them and give them an idea of your budget they could all help you. If you call them a couple of weeks in advance of visiting, if visiting is your plan, then I''m sure they would be willing to pull what they have and be ready for you.

Ice Princess

Rough_Rock
I think the reason you haven''t found the answers to your question is because the question is way too broad. Too many specs involved to give you a specific answer.

cidney

Rough_Rock
thanx ;-)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine got a 4 carat cushion from HW about a year ago...I didn''t ask her the price, but she hinted that it was "around" $200K, so I don''t know if it was over or under, nor do I know what color or clarity her stone is. And that was for the whole ring, including the pave around it, not just the stone. I know it''s not much help, but that''s all I''ve got...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 6:37:16 PM
thanx ;-)
if you give us a budget we can help you look for non Tiffany's Cartier stones.
1.gif
Well, there you go Regular Guy found you one.
3.gif

cidney

Rough_Rock
that does help - thanx!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
When I was in Tiffany last January, I tried on a 4 carat Novo, and it was $250,000.00. Now, I am pretty sure the price has gone up since then, but with the Novo cut, it doesn''t look as huge as you might think it would at 4 carats. Perhaps it is a deep cut. Storm would know. :)

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 10:48:08 PM
Author: Isabelle
When I was in Tiffany last January, I tried on a 4 carat Novo, and it was $250,000.00. Now, I am pretty sure the price has gone up since then, but with the Novo cut, it doesn''t look as huge as you might think it would at 4 carats. Perhaps it is a deep cut. Storm would know. :)

I agree...

I saw a 2.5 ct Novo and it looked tiny. Well, ya know, relatively speaking

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Funny IronMickey - I thought the same thing when I tried one of about 1.2 carats ... I''ll take it though - good enough for me.
emsmilep.gif

I think the best thing is to pass by a store or call. I only know about tiffany and yes, the price substantially goes up especially when it comes to colorless stones. I guess those folks value colorless...

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
I tried on the Tiffany Legacy with graduated side stones in a 3.1 carat cusion cut last weekend and it was priced at $203,000 if I remeber correctly.

anemone

Rough_Rock
And that stone regular guy found for you jumped around 5K in price over the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results