shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraise loose stone THEN appraise ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
I''m a little confused about the insurance process. Basically I''ll be getting a tension e-ring. That means appraising the loose stone comprehensively is a MUST for piece of mind purposes (sight unseen, obviously) and you get a better appraisal out of the loose stone than you would a set one. However, after the loose stone appraisal I''ll then be setting it in a tension setting with a few side stones, which is very expensive as well. Do I then need to get another appraisal for insurance purposes, so the setting is also insured (since the setting will be an unusually large % of the ring budget)?

Should be a simple question, but I couldn''t find the answer to this one in the search no matter what terms I tried.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Many appraisers are willing to appraise the stone loose, then finish the appraisal once the stone is set in the setting. I think you should get the appraisal done this was so you get complete information on the stone and an accurate replacement value including the setting. I think I will be using Dave Atlas''s company. I''m sending my stone to him, then he will send it to the vendor manufacturing the setting, then I will ask the vendor to send the completed ring back to Dave so he can complete the appraisal.

So far, Dave and his team have been extremely responsive to my email inquiries.
emsmile.gif
Here''s his website: http://www.gemappraisers.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results