shape
carat
color
clarity

Apple Watch Series 5: EKG/cardiac alerts/911 auto-dial

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I’m finally going to buy an Apple Watch. I’ve always thought they were clunky. I used to think I would never in a million years buy one. But after watching the keynote today and seeing the people who had medical emergencies who were ‘saved’ by the early action of their watch, I’m sold.

Yesterday I leaned that my stepsister had a heart attack and her mother opted to remove life support the next day. I don’t know if she had an Apple Watch but I’m a little shaken by the news and looking for discussion.

Do we have medical personnel here who have opinions either way on the watch, and/or friends here who have a previous model Apple Watch who would like to share thoughts? The health alert is the primary interest I have but I’m open to all opinions. Thanks!
B05F6590-B795-449F-87CC-BC2E953317E4.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, hubs and most of my doc friends have them, but I think it’s mostly for the ease of the functions they provide. I’ll ask— going on a cruise with a bunch of Apple Watch wearing docs this weekend.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
My boss has one and he has high blood pressure. His doc prescribed a new medication that raised his heart rate very high and his blood pressure went higher and the watch alerted him right away about his heart rate. He also fell and it alerted his friend who is syched with his watch. Also, had my father had one, he would have known he had Atrial Fibrillation instead of waiting for me to take him to the hospital after taking his blood pressure. Last but not least, I have one and I have episodes of tachycardia. When I feel that flutter in my heart, my Apple Watch tells me that my heart rate just went up very quickly. Definitely recommend if you have health concerns, but it does not replace your doctors advice or the fact that you should listen to your doctor.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for responding! I don’t have a doctor, but I understand that it is not a substitute, just a tool for awareness. I think it would be worth the money to have some bio feedback. And if my stepsister had been wearing one, she might have survived. Maybe, maybe not, but maybe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results