shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with a tall husband?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is 6'8", 215 lbs. Tall and skinny. He has developed an allergy to synthetic materials and needs new underwear. It is not easy to find extra long boxers in cotton. Most Big and Tall clothing is big, not just tall. He needs size Large-Tall (LT). I am seriously sick of looking at men's underwear on the internet. Any ideas?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is 6'3 but he wears big and tall so that won't help you much.

What size waist does he need? If he can't find anything that fits there's always commando! J/K

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His waist is 36, 38 inseam. They make boxer type briefs with a longer inseam but I can't find any that are all cotton. Ugh.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll ask my mom @Gussie. My dad is 6’4” (and was thin when young and is not heavy now but less thin) so not sure it applies to your situation but I’ll come back after I talk with her.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I've done some searching and finding this size is certainly a challenge, I almost wonder if the best thing would be to buy all cotton underwear that fits him for length and have them altered at the waist.

I'll keep looking though, surely your husband isn't the only tall thin guy out there.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked my husband and all the places he shops are for only B&T. The only place I found something that would fit was American Tall but they only carry modal boxers.

Maybe some other folk will have a helpful suggestion but in any case I hope you find a solution for him!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @StephanieLynn and @missy. Size plus all cotton is hard!

I wonder where NBA players get theirs! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @StephanieLynn and @missy. Size plus all cotton is hard!

I wonder where NBA players get theirs! :lol:

Gussie I’m sorry. My mom was no help. She said she gets his stuff at Jockey and another manufacturer she can’t remember. Oy. I’m sorry. Where do those NBA players get theirs?

There has to be somewhere you can get for tall and thin. Your dh is not unique. Many tall thin men exist. I’ll do some research and get back to you if I find anything helpful for you and your dh.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread led me down a strange rabbit hole. First I wondered why Mr. Gussie doesn’t buy his own underwear. Then I wanted to know where NBA players bought their clothes.

The answer to the second question is that they also struggle to find things that fit properly, so Mr. Gussie is in good company.

Then I found this:
Anyway, I hope some of the Reddit suggestions pan out!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yall are awesome! Thanks!

@JPie, since I am SAHM, house manager, it is my job to keep everyone supplied, lol. DH really doesn't have time to shop and I do. Believe me - if I worked outside the home I would tell him to find his own. :lol:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Might be a bit of a stretch but have you considered getting custom through Etsy. As long as the pattern is correct, the sewing should be fairly easy and you can control the fabric.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may get cotton athletic shorts. He won't have the flap but I am at a loss. The ones in the article @JPie listed weren't cotton unfortunately. Having them made might work but geez, that's a whole lot of effort for underwear!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie fair enough! My husband would love it if I did all of his clothes shopping for him, but no way buddy. I have enough trouble figuring out what I want to wear! :lol:

Could he just wear regular underwear? Sure, they'd be like hot pants on him, but who's looking?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie fair enough! My husband would love it if I did all of his clothes shopping for him, but no way buddy. I have enough trouble figuring out what I want to wear! :lol:

Could he just wear regular underwear? Sure, they'd be like hot pants on him, but who's looking?

He says the problem with regular is that they ride up and it's uncomfortable. I can identify with that - panties in a wad :lol:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe these could work? They're 86% cotton, but maybe that's close enough?

Or these:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Try one pair of the cotton boxers from Old Navy in size Large. See if it works and if so, buy more. I think you are going to have some variety in fit from brand to brand.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gussie, my hubby is 6’5 but big AND tall, which is equally challenging. 52W, 36 inseam, though he’s working to shrink the waist size....shoes too, are a challenge at size 15.5. Like you, I am our “house manager”, so it falls to me to source these items. I do a lot of buying and returning and feel your pain! :roll2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @yennyfire, I can totally relate. My husband wears a 48 waist 36 inseam and size 14 shoes. Out of everything shoes are definitely the hardest for him.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't even bother trying to find shoes. Zappos only. Size 16.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just get them tailored. Itll be easier than finding them.

My husband is slim and not really tall. I started tailoring his shirts as we could never find nice adult clothes that fit. Now I just recommend everything gets tailored. My newest problem is he no longer reliably goes to the second fitting (and as such we just neever collect a bunch of stuff we have already bought and paid for) but it is still easier than actually shopping for him.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe he should give briefs a try. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results