shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone up for some low GI mutual support?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies!
I''ve been on Pricescope a little while, and have rarely ventured out of LIW, but have now decided it''s time to get to know the other PSers better!

I have also just started the low GI diet/lifestyle, and wondered if there was anyone here who was also doing it who needed the oomph I''m finding myself needing from time to time.

So...anyone up for it? Swapping ideas and recipes, general support when you just want a nice big pile of roast potatoes and white bread, congratulations when goals are reached and maintained?

I''ll get the ball rolling - I weigh around 14 stone, and hate my body. Ideally I''d like to go down to around 9 or 10 stone, but I''m not sure what timescale I should set myself for this. I don''t want to build myself up too much because I''ll be pretty awful when I fail if I haven''t given myself a realistic goal!

Last night I made myself some Dill Roasted Salmon, with a bit of mash and an Olive and Parsley sauce. It was rather nice. Tonight I''m planning some kind of chicken. Not sure what yet, I''m scouring the internet!

P
xxx

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi Parsley! I eat a low GI diet most of the time, but not super strict. I do allow myself pizza every now and then (like last night!). Fourtunately I''m not a big potato fan - I much prefer sweet potatoes or yams so that''s convenient. I am a HUGE carb fantatic, but I nearly always eat whole wheat (we have a bread machine so I make our own bread and rolls), and even use whole wheat flour in baking (banana bread, chocolate chip cookies etc.) - We haven''t had any white flour in our house for over 3 years.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Do you ladies mind explaining? I have read references to this but I''ve never read up on what this type of diet entails?

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Of course!

Low GI is low glycemic index. Foods are either low, high or medium GI, which determines how slowly or quickly they release glucose. Eating high GI foods make your blood sugar spike, meaning you''re going to be hungry later and more likely to snack. With low GI foods glucose is released more slowly, so you''re kept going for longer. It''s about moderation, you can have a dinner with something high GI in it, but if you have low GI foods alongside it, it will bring the GI of the whole plate down.

High GI stuff is something like white bread. Low GI is granary bread. I love white bread and thought I would really suffer, but found some hovis granary that is just amazing!

:)

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results