shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone take valerian root?

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Having trouble sleeping, thank you menopause! Melatonin was not a good fit for me. Thinking of trying valerian root, but looking for recommendations. If you take it, what was your experience and is there a brand you like? Thanks in advance :)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This has valerian in it. My mom used it when she was dealing with menopause.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

This has valerian in it. My mom used it when she was dealing with menopause.

Thanks, House Cat! I actually drink a few of their teas, but have never thought to try that one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried it decades ago...made me sleepy but the grogginess carried through to the next day for me so it was a no go for me.

Can you take Magnesium Glycinate? I find that helps somewhat as does Holy Basil before bed.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I tried it decades ago...made me sleepy but the grogginess carried through to the next day for me so it was a no go for me.

Can you take Magnesium Glycinate? I find that helps somewhat as does Holy Basil before bed.

hmm.. interesting, that's how I reacted to melatonin.. worrisome.. I do take magnesium, but will check into holy basil. Thanks!! Edited to say that the sketchy sleep wreaks havoc on my cycling ability.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I believe the magnesium has to cross the blood-brain barrier to be effective, if memory serves me correct. I am a migraine sufferer (magnesium L-threonate helps that), and have sleep issues as well. I found this and have been taking it for two weeks and I am sleeping better. It has three varieties of magnesium, the third helps muscle cramps, which I have in my calves at night also.

1618325841395.png

Addendum: Melatonin did nothing for me.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the magnesium has to cross the blood-brain barrier to be effective, if memory serves me correct. I am a migraine sufferer (magnesium L-threonate helps that), and have sleep issues as well. I found this and have been taking it for two weeks and I am sleeping better. It has three varieties of magnesium, the third helps muscle cramps, which I have in my calves at night also.

1618325841395.png

Addendum: Melatonin did nothing for me.
Thnaks.. am going to check this out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results