shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone sourced Diamond with Victor Canera?

ccl2001us

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm considering letting Victor make the halo setting. I have done some research and found 2 RB candidates at 2 different online jewelers. Also wondering if it'd be a much easier process to let him source the diamond for me - that also means I won't be able to see the diamond in person before it's set. Anyone has had experience sourcing and setting diamond with him?
Thanks,
Christine

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't read a thread about that, but if he is as good as his work looks, I would guess he would give you a choice between a few great stones. You could go ahead and do it and post them here. :wavey:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, he offered to source for me after I contacted him about my setting (although I already was working with others too).

He did all sorts of great pics and videos, and even shipped them to NYC for me to see (I think it was 2 stones) while I was there, but in the end I chose a stone from another vendor.

I believe all the OECs he sourced for me had GIA certs.

So in the end I didn't buy a stone from Victor, but he did a fabulous job on my setting. Immaculate. And he's so wonderful to work with too.

BTW, if trade-up policy is a concern for you, ask him about it. I don't remember exactly but he may not have one and/or it may be different than what other vendors have. I forget.

Anne

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't hesitate to buy the diamond from him (which is what I may do w/ my next diamond)--I would definitely ask him if he could source you a diamond at a competitive price. He may also have a diamond available in one of his current settings that he could unmount if it had the specs. you were looking for. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

ccl2001us

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the ideas!
Anne, in case I need to get the stone myself, did you ship the stone to Victor? Do you have a recommendation for an insured shipping method?

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Victor offered to source pink diamonds too... so he has quite a few nice gems, and access. The prices he quoted were fair to my memory as well.

Malca Amit works for Kenny, you might want to check them out.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi CC,

Yes, the stone was shipped to Victor, but the vendor I bought it from (ERD in NYC) did it for me. I don't know which shipper they used, and if I recall correctly, ERD's insurance covered the stone in case of loss or theft.

When Victor finished the ring, he shipped it to a pickup point for me in NYC, for that he used Malca Amit (which he recommended and I accepted, I believe I paid for it), and it worked great!

If I recall correctly, Victor doesn't have jeweler's insurance for shipping items in and out; your other vendor will need to cover or you'll have to find/use use an insured carrier. You can also clarify with him; he will know what to do.

Again, he was great to work with and it all went off without a hitch!

Anne

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results