shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I have this funny bump on my palm for quite a while, and at first I thought it was just a callus or scar or similar from doing something I couldn''t remember doing to my hand. However, it''s started getting bigger and I think I''ll be making a doctor''s appt soon for it. In the shower it gets white/translucent and wrinkly and can be exfoliated really easily. As you can see in the pic, the skin still has it''s normal lines/prints running through it...it''s just raised and feels thick. It doesn''t hurt at all. I have no clue about what it could be! Any ideas?

lump.JPG

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Could it be a wart? But if it was a wart I don''t think you could remove it with exfoliation.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Every wart I''ve ever seen is separate from the grooves (fingerprints) around it. I''ve exfoliated this thing down to where it''s almost flat and never seen the black dots you see in a wart (the capillaries that feed it). However, even when I''ve exfoliated it down that far, you can still feel the difference between the bump and the surrounding skin, and it thickens right back up in a day or two.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, if it were my hand, I would go to a dermatologist. I''m sure its something simple they can diagnose and clear up.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Weird. But if it keeps growing back and getting bigger and bigger fast like that, I''d head to my doctor faster than you could say ''Weird Hand Bump!''

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

Home remedy to diagnose a wart: Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and hold it on the spot for a minute or two the spot will turn white if it''s a wart.

I would have a derm take a look at it.

Laura Kearns

Rough_Rock
Anything unexplained happening in the human body is a little scary...you have to love forums where everyone can share their questions and experiences and hopefully get some answers. I found this other link where people are describing this same exact thing...(so you are not alone) but the answers I am not sure are the correct ones...either way I''d have an appt with the Dermatologist sooner rather than later, first and foremost for my peace of mind.

http://www.topix.com/forum/med/dermatology/TCC1CC0JL5A934MU4

I find myself getting obsessed with every mole I see while I''m at it and just had one removed...better safe than sorry ya know...

Let us know what the derm doc says...it may help other people out there that have the same thing you do...

Best of luck to you!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
it appears to be a ganglion cyst.

eta: i answered too quickly. you say you can exfoliate it and the ganglion is beneath the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results