shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone seen a CZ from Old Mine Rocks?

LabFace

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ordered a CZ from Shan Adams/Old Mine Rocks on Etsy? I’m looking for a center for an emerald target ring and was the planning on moissanite, but after popping a Chris CZ OEC in the setting for reference, I was surprised to see that I think it may look a bit more diamond-like than my Tianyu OEC. I didn’t think that I was interested in CZ for a nice setting, but TBH, I had an Asha for several years and was quite happy with it. So I just thought I might check out Old Mine Ricks, since the cut looks so nice. I don’t like the perception of CZ as cheap, but really I just want the best looking stone possible. The cost of Chinese moissanite and Shan Adams’s stones are actually somewhat comparable.

Here ya go! I attached 2 videos, hope this helps!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m bumping this thread because I’m wondering how long it takes to receive a Chris cz from UK to US? I decided to buy a couple for fun and so I ordered them a couple of weeks ago and just wondered how long they may take to get here.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Ok so we know that Shan Adams (the person) has 2 shops on Etsy:

1- Old Mine Rocks - where she sells the CZ stones. The site is on vacation now, but for reference, the CZs cost around $100+ for an 8-9mm from what I remember. https://www.etsy.com/shop/OldMineRocks

2- Shan Adams Jewelry - where she presumably uses the CZ stones to make her jewelry. https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShanAdamsJewelry

I was looking on the Chris CZ website today and saw Shan Adams Jewelry as examples. Ive pasted the screenshots. Does this mean that Shan is just buying the Chris cz for a few bucks and turning around and reselling them for $100+? i know this was mentioned in the earlier posts, but is there any confirmation from Shan that she actually buys the Chris CZ stones and have them recut to better proportions in order to sell them for like 5-10x the price of Chris CZ?? Or maybe Chris CZ is just misappropriating her pics?

B40B444A-8165-4CD0-ACE3-93581D2F2DCF.png 2922F820-386A-4A2E-83C4-7D91A84F3162.png

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You would have to ask her- Shannon.

But, that site has multiple pictures from multiple vendors.

Perhaps the better question is to Chris CZ as to whether those are their stones or just examples of what similar styles look like set.

Screenshot_20210627-230319.png Screenshot_20210627-230309.png

teddycake

Rough_Rock
Perhaps the better question is to Chris CZ as to whether those are their stones or just examples of what similar styles look like set.

This is on Chris's website, so I'd guess that Shan uploaded her own work. Though the upload link is self-service, so anyone could've uploaded her photos. But you're right, the only way to know is to ask Shan.

"If you have photos or videos of this stone, or artwork or jewellery you have made using this stone, you can upload them below. The link includes the option to advertise your website if you have a website that sells jewellery with our stones in it."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results