shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Returned Diamonds to BLUE NILE?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cectra79

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I think I found a nice stone on BlueNile, but my husband id dead set against buying on-line. I want to gather info to show him, and to make sure myself. I would not hesitate if it wasn''t for the price. To spend $17143 is a little scary without seeing the stone in person. And if I don''t like it, how soon will they return the money if I send it back? Has anyone done that? What about their wire discount, is it worth it?

They''re holding the stone for me for 48 hours. Need fast responses, PLEASE!!!

If you can, give me your input on the stone itself, maybe it''s not worth it anyway.

AGS 0
1.953 G SI1
D 60.8%, T 57.1%
C 33.2%, P 41.1%

If you know of similar stones some place better, DO share!

Thanks!!!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi cectra79,

I have purchased diamonds from Blue Nile and returned them without a problem. You have 30 days to return and if you wired the funds, they will wire back your funds to your account within a few days of receiving the returned stone, minus the shipping cost to send it back. I''m sure it''s the same if it was purchased via credit card.

Hope this helps!

kroshka

cectra79

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the information!

Has anyone done purchases over $10000?

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 6:49:25 PM
Author: cectra79

Hi cectra79 - one of the purchases was well over $10,000.

kroshka

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
If he wants the security of an actual brick and mortar location, Good Old Gold has a B&M store in Long Island. Their website is GoodOldGold.com, and you can purchase online from them or in their B&M location.

I''d certainly buy from BlueNile and not worry about returning it and getting my money back, but personally, I would prefer to buy from Whiteflash.com or Good Old Gold because they provide a lot more information on the diamonds (photos, idealscopes, sarins), as well as better customer service. Plus they both have great upgrade policies in case you ever wanted to trade the diamond in and go bigger/higher color/whatever, provided the stone qualifies for an upgrade with them, and an AGS 0 almost certainly would. (I would be sure to ask first, of course.)

Also, a lot of times GOG and WF can get the same exact diamond BlueNile is listing because they have access to the same wholesalers.

rogeshoe57

Rough_Rock
I just returned a 10k diamond back to blue nile just last week. They processed everything and said it will take 3 days to recredit my credit card. I think its very safe, you might consider buying with credit card for extra protection. I decided to return and purchase from GOG or WF instead because they give you much more information on cut of diamond. Also, they give you an option to upgrade to a larger stone in the future. Price wise GOG and WF are very competitive like Blue Nile. I ended up purchasing a beautiful stone from GOG! I was alot happier with the stone I got from GOG.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 6:49:25 PM
Author: cectra79

Well over $10,000 and have never had a problem....have done it a few times.

cectra79

Shiny_Rock
Where did you get your stones bought on-line set? I asked my local jeweler if they''d set the stone bought some place else, and was told that it would be my responsibility if they chipped it or whatever when setting it.

I have a contemporary design in mind, and don''t see anything remotely close on any web-sites here. Do WF, GOG, or Jamesallen.com do a complete custom work? Or at least modify their designs?

Thanks!

rogeshoe57

Rough_Rock
I actually bought the setting from Ben Bridges a local B&M store. Mailed GOG the setting and had them set the diamond that I bought from them. Since it is there diamond, if it were to chip it they would replace it for free. I had to pay a little to have GOG set the diamond for me.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have made several purchases with Blue Nile, and have always found their customer service wonderful...even with returns.

cectra79

Shiny_Rock
I just posted in my other thread. I found this great diamond on jamesallen.com. I talked to Jeniffer, and she was very nice and helpful. I have a custom design on mind, and she''s going to give me a qoute on that. I hope it''s in line with local jewelers.

This diamond gets 0.8 on HCA. 1.62 F SI1 (7.68x7.7x4.82) GIA Ex Cut, EX/EX, no flour, no culet. A little over $13k.

I so hope we can work out the details!

Thanks everyone for your help!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a large purchase with GoodoldGold and wired the money. I had no trouble getting a refund but had to wait about a month until I received a cheque. I did not get the money put back in my account by bank wire.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 6:45:04 PM
Author: kroshka
Hi cectra79,

I have purchased diamonds from Blue Nile and returned them without a problem. You have 30 days to return and if you wired the funds, they will wire back your funds to your account within a few days of receiving the returned stone, minus the shipping cost to send it back. I''m sure it''s the same if it was purchased via credit card.

Hope this helps!

kroshka
I also returned a diamond to BN a couple of months ago. The process was pretty seamless. In fact, I had wired them the money, so once they processed the return (and verified that the stone was in its original condition), they wired me back my money, less return shipping.

I, too, was a little nervous because of the amount of the transaction (well over $10K)...so you''d better be sure I was checking my bank account daily to make sure it went through okay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results