shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone recommend electrolysyis?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for a permanent hair removal treatment for facial hair. If you have ever done electrolysis, does it work? Open to other suggestions.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had electrolysis about 16 years ago, and it does work.
The hairs have not returned. It hurts a little, especially on the chin,
but if the hairs are gone forever, it's worth it!
I have no idea what they charge these days. At the time I had it done, the cost was 1.00/per minute.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is reassuring to hear stracci! Would you mind telling me how many sessions you needed?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, I haven't had electrolysis but have had laser hair removal. Best decision I've ever made. I'm 18 months out and still so happy with the results. We'll see what happens as the years go on.

My coworker did electrolysis on her chin and neck. She said it was only mildly painful and she's very pleased but she just had her last treatment very recently.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have peach fuzz or blonde / white hair you have to do electrolysis - laser will work only on dark hair.

That said, I never had electrolysis but did have laser (although not on my face) - best thing I ever did and it's been about 10 years and the hair has not returned (minus a few here and there especially on the armpits).

The same provider who did my laser - who I trust 100% - also does electrolysis and she says it works. Like puppmom said it's a bit painful (like laser) but so worth it.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, so glad to hear your results are still good after 10 years! Prior to laser hair removal, there was a lot of prep that went into shorts or bathing suit wearing. And a lot of discomfort! Last summer was amazing - I would get home from work and my kids would ask to go to the pool and I could say yes! I cannot even describe the feeling of freedom.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pupp, best thing I ever did. It was a pain to go through it because I had like a weekly appointment for a while there - plus, the pain - but so worth it.

While I don't experience the freedom of being pool-ready at a moment's notice (I have so many spider veins on my legs i don't show them :() so many *other* situations are the same way (like when my trainer goes to stretch me, or I have to raise my arm for something, or whatever. ALTHOUGH - you do have to be careful that you get SO comfortable you forget to check for strays. Because some of those strays can be...SCARY. :lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is reassuring to hear stracci! Would you mind telling me how many sessions you needed?

I went maybe 8 times, weekly? It's a little hard to remember exactly.
The sessions were 30 minutes each. Some of the stubborn hairs were treated more than once.
I had the hair removal done on the sides of my face and the chin and neck area.
Good luck! It really was worth it.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also am a victim of, er, client of hehe laser. I've done laser on my underarms, legs, and my hoo-ha. Its been a handful of years, and I've had a few resistant assh*le hairs come back. But it's all manageable. I have maybe 5 per armpit, and peach fuzz and thin pubic hair all over my hoo-ha (like arm hair), and I just shave it or pluck when it grows out long enough for me to notice it.

My legs never got hairless. I did 6 sessions, and didn't see a drastic change in the hair falling out the way it did in my underarms or hoo-ha (I'm having too much fun writing hoo-ha) so I discontinued paying $$$$$ for treatment that wasn't working.

I'm now growing a damned beard and going to join the circus. Oh wait, no. But I might be related to the bearded lady, cus I'm growing about 5 random chin hairs that surprise me suddenly with over 1-2 inches of growth. It's so gross. PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK. I may look into electrolosis one day if I grow more and they become annoying. Or if I start looking like the Mr. of the family.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had electrolysis for a million years and so has my 24 year-old daughter. It is the only method that works on certain hair. I do not need to have it very often anymore (like once every couple of years for a few stray chin hairs). My daughter goes for quick clean-up perhaps for 15 minutes every six months or so. But I never had much hair that needed removal: only a few blonde hairs on my chin. My daughter had dark sideburns that were removed when she hit puberty at about ten and felt bad about. When she was much older she tried laser hair removal on her legs and arms. But she still needed electrolysis to clean up areas on her arms where the laser treatment didn't work completely. Electrolysis is far better than laser. But if laser works somewhat on an area that is huge, it is useful because it is less painful and time consuming to use. We would never have done my daughter's legs with electrolysis, for instance! But she s still shaving them regularly now. She doesn't have to shave her sideburns, which were done with electrolysis. She doesn't have any. None at all. Not one hair!

AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results