shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own or know about PEACH GOLD?

lasposa

Rough_Rock
I've been exploring different gold alloys for a ring reset. I love certain shades of rose gold, typically 18k pale rose creamy alloys, not the more coppery 14k color. I came across info online about peach gold, which is supposed to flatter different skin tones than regular yellow gold. I'm having a hard time finding any pictures. Do any of you have pictures or know about the alloy. Do you think many jewelers would be able to source it?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I've actually asked my jeweler about this- they have some in their shop. My understanding is that rose gold alloys can be brittle, so they were playing with different alloys to find a more workable product and the peach gold was a nice solution, although not nearly as pink. Since then they have also found a rose alloy that works, too, so I don't know if they are still using the peach or if it would be hard to get a hold of. The only picture I can find on their website is a two tone ring, so I don't know how well it shows the actual color. I have seen this ring IRL and thought the color difference between the yellow and the peach was very subtle, but present. The rose looked more different from the peach than the peach looked from the yellow- if that makes any sense at all! Anyway, it's probably worth asking them if they can still get a hold of it!

ruby%20ring.jpg
http://www.huntcountry.com

lasposa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your posts ladies. I can see the subtle peachy color of the peach gold in the pictures. Anyone else have any pictures? I'd love to see more!

TraciCanada

Rough_Rock
My engagement/wedding ring is 18K peach gold. It was in my husband's family, from Lebanon. In Arab culture (although many have now adopted the separate engagement ring as is the practice in the West), a single ring is put on the right hand for the engagement, and changed to the left hand for the marriage.

Attachments

• IMG_20170628_104330.jpg
    IMG_20170628_104330.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 76

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gotta be a record...post from 2012 resurrected! Cool about Niessing tho...they (always) have gorgeous stuff.

cheers--Sharon

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clearly wasn't paying attention again! lol

Still relevant info, though :)

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The only jeweller I've come across was one in Japan (but sells worldwide and has stockists in the US) called Kataoka

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Old thread... but when I see these types of questions, the first thing I think about is not if/where/how you can get it, but how annoying it can be to have your ring in an unusual color... at least when it comes to ER/WB and if you later want another ring. Just thinking about the way rose gold can be different between vendors, imagine "peach"!?
I have personal experience from this from a more international perspective since the standard gold color in my country is red gold. Since I prefer gold over plat/wg and my wedding set is in RG it is hard for me to buy gold pieces from other countries since I dont like mixing red & yellow gold.
Of course, this is just my thoughts on this. Someone else may love mixing colors between rings, especially when it comes to colored stones/RHRs. :wavey:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh show us your red gold, @acaw2015.
Is it like rose gold?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh show us your red gold, @acaw2015.
Is it like rose gold?

Hi ringo! :wavey:
No, it is more coppery red than rose gold. I think there have been some threads on PS re the difference btw red & yellow but I cant seem to find them now.
I have some old pics on my phone of my er/wb but it may be hard to see the color without anything to compare it to. I will look in my jewelry box to see if I can find some yg pieces to show tve difference...
(I hope this short thread jack is ok since this is an old post...)
Eta sorry, blurry pic... but I think it represents the gold color well, at least on my screen.

_5815.jpeg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is really hard to capture color in pics, but here it goes... my red gold bands vs a 14 k yellow gold ring (with a synthetic star ruby).

20170802_170350.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
It is really hard to capture color in pics, but here it goes... my red gold bands vs a 14 k yellow gold ring (with a synthetic star ruby).

20170802_170350.jpg

I know this is a very old thread and here I am waking it up again, but thank you for explaining your Red Gold and showing a pic! I inherited all of my husband's grandmother's jewelry and I now have a few pieces that I really like, despite prior insisting I only wear white gold or platinum. I am now realizing that they are Red gold, and look so much better on my skin than yellow. She was from Mexico, and unfortunately I do not have any information about any of it, as her grandson never paid any attention to her jewelry ;)2

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mrs_Strizzle Thank you for sharing your story! I would love to see some of them. I love the idea of inherited jewelry being appreciated and worn. :wavey:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Resurrecting this thread because I bought a peach gold band from Pampillonia Jewelers yesterday...will post a pic when I get it!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, David Klass :kiss2:

I thought so! He said he had a peachy gold color but I didn’t end up following up. I’ll be interested to see how the color compares to mine.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I thought so! He said he had a peachy gold color but I didn’t end up following up. I’ll be interested to see how the color compares to mine.

I specified my mix of 18k yellow and 14 pink - so i think it ended a bit more towards the yellow end, which is what I wanted.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I specified my mix of 18k yellow and 14 pink - so i think it ended a bit more towards the yellow end, which is what I wanted.
Oh ok, I wasn’t sure what mix I would need and it’s hard to guess with pix, since it can look different in person! Your color looks lovely.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sweet. I was thinking about using peach gold for a project but DK didn’t offer that way back when I originally asked. I’m excited to see they do now.

Your new ring looks lovely! I can’t wait to see more pics.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to switch my future ER upgrade to 18K peach gold from 14K rose gold. David sent me these comparisons, hope it helps!

This is the peach gold example:
1644294684367.png

Compared to rose gold:
1644294713380.png

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to switch my future ER upgrade to 18K peach gold from 14K rose gold. David sent me these comparisons, hope it helps!

This is the peach gold example:
1644294684367.png

Compared to rose gold:
1644294713380.png

I'm lovin that peach!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I just picked up my band! Peach gold with diamonds. P 53832B38-CAB6-4229-AEAA-8F5CC8F58D12.jpeg

Attachments

• 5FCC38F4-F8EA-4069-AE9D-F80F4EF813D3.jpeg
    5FCC38F4-F8EA-4069-AE9D-F80F4EF813D3.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 14
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results