shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own a BedJet or Chilipad?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s getting to be summertime and I’m a hot sleeper so wondering if either of these will help. Recommendations and suggestions welcome.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sleep naked? ;-)

(if you don't already!) :tongue:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a hot sleeper too @kgizo. If you get one, I want to hear about it. I turn our thermostat to 67 at night and would go lower but then it just freezes the coils. I think a cooler would help us save on electricity in the summer.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie - I’m back with an update. Saw a review that the Bedjet is better at heat and chilipad better at cooling so I ordered the chilipad a few months back.

Pros:
1. It works! It’s not super cooling like AC, but it does prevent body heat from being trapped and building up between me and the mattress. I don’t wake up overheated any more. We adjusted the room temp 1-2 degrees warmer, added blankets and still sleep cooler with it.
2. Has a remote control. In the beginning I set it too cool and would wake up chilled. It was nice to use the remote instead of getting out of bed to adjust the unit in the middle of the night.

Cons:
1. It is expensive. Just got an email for 20% off for Veterans Day.
2. The fan noise. For me, this was the biggest issue as I do not like to use earplugs and am a light sleeper. It did not bother DH at all since it’s constant it was white noise to him. It was similar in volume to a noisy window AC unit in a hotel, if that helps. I eventually moved it under our bed and the noise is negligible, like having a fan on. Under the bed is a PITA as occasionally need to add water to the unit and dust it, but worth it for the noise reduction. They offer a more expensive model that doesn’t need the same maintenance, and if I had to do it over again I would probably order that model since I’m so noise sensitive.

Neutral:
1. If I sleep on my side I can feel the tubing in the pad. It doesn’t bother me, but if someone is tactically sensitive it might bother them.
2. The heating option is of little value. An electric blanket or microwaveable heating pad is much faster.

Hope this helps!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive never heard of these but i want one !
last night i slept in just one layer plus one cat with zero covers and i was boiling
after freezing all winter ....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s getting to be summertime and I’m a hot sleeper so wondering if either of these will help. Recommendations and suggestions welcome.

I recommend sleeping naked next to a smoking hot body. :dance:

For blankets, 100% cotton, or 100% wool.
No electricity.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a hot sleeper too.

Greg says he feels the heat coming off my body at night lol. And in the cooler weather I still like sleeping with my heavy and soft down comforter. I am an uber picky sleeper. The Princess and the Pea.

If the sheets are not just so, if the comforter is not just so and if the temps are not perfect for me, and so on and so forth, I cannot sleep...So the solution? We sleep with the AC on even in winter occasionally depending. Though last night was so cold all I had to do was shut the heat and it went to 60 degrees F in here.

@kgizo glad you found a good solution for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results