shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone order from James Allen in the last couple of months? Wondering about shipping estimate accuracy

Grobo

Rough_Rock
My ring is estimated to ship on July 15th and has been "In Production" since June 26th. I am planning to do the proposal on July 18th so running on a very tight margin. I contacted James Allen and they sent a request to the jeweller to flag the order as time sensitive but there are obviously no guarantees. Anyone have experience with orders and if they came on time or were delayed? Would love to hear from people that ordered in the last 2-3 months. Thanks!

jso72

Rough_Rock
I just received an order from James Allen. I ordered on June 22nd & the expected delivery date was July 9th. I received it July 3rd & received the shipping confirmation July 2nd. Hope this helps!

Grobo

Rough_Rock
I just received an order from James Allen. I ordered on June 22nd & the expected delivery date was July 9th. I received it July 3rd & received the shipping confirmation July 2nd. Hope this helps!

Definitely helps and is reassuring! Was it a loose diamond or a ring?

I ordered June 17th, it went into ‘production’ on June 26th and the estimated shipping date has been July 15th from the beginning.

Do you recall how long before shipping your order moved to ‘Quality Assurance’, if you got a ring?

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
I purchased mine in May and it shipped in June a day early from the original estimate. If I recall, it went into quality assurance and shipped almost simultaneously on the day it shipped. I had changed my shipping address during the wait and originally it went to the wrong address, but I called them and it arrived to the correct one the following day. Make sure to check you get exactly what you ordered, as mine had the wrong setting which they ultimately took care of.

Grobo

Rough_Rock
I purchased mine in May and it shipped in June a day early from the original estimate. If I recall, it went into quality assurance and shipped almost simultaneously on the day it shipped. I had changed my shipping address during the wait and originally it went to the wrong address, but I called them and it arrived to the correct one the following day. Make sure to check you get exactly what you ordered, as mine had the wrong setting which they ultimately took care of.

Thanks for the reply! That is reassuring for sure. The address/setting are correct so I’m good there. The rep told me they gave a ‘hard deadline’ to the jeweller so they are aware it should/needs to be shipped on the 15th. The rep also said they can add notes to the order to add Saturday delivery in case it ships on Thursday/Friday instead of Wednesday

jBright

Shiny_Rock
My ring is estimated to ship on July 15th and has been "In Production" since June 26th. I am planning to do the proposal on July 18th so running on a very tight margin. I contacted James Allen and they sent a request to the jeweller to flag the order as time sensitive but there are obviously no guarantees. Anyone have experience with orders and if they came on time or were delayed? Would love to hear from people that ordered in the last 2-3 months. Thanks!

so excited for you! We ordered a loose diamond on 6/28 and initial delivery date was 7/9, but because they had to verify information :roll: it has now been pushed back to 7/13. Even though in the FAQ it said loose diamonds should be shipped in 1-4 days :confused:

the diamond has been in “production” also... it’s a loose stone so not sure what they’re producing.. but I’m hoping it comes in sooner than later!

sending you happy thoughts and on time or early delivery!

Grobo

Rough_Rock
so excited for you! We ordered a loose diamond on 6/28 and initial delivery date was 7/9, but because they had to verify information :roll: it has now been pushed back to 7/13. Even though in the FAQ it said loose diamonds should be shipped in 1-4 days :confused:

the diamond has been in “production” also... it’s a loose stone so not sure what they’re producing.. but I’m hoping it comes in sooner than later!

sending you happy thoughts and on time or early delivery!

I appreciate the well wishes!

I noticed yesterday that most loose diamonds ship by July 23rd if ordered today while some ship by July 15th so it might be based on location of the diamond.

For what it’s worth, the diamond in my ring would have shipped with a 4 day estimate based on what it said when I ordered. Hoping that works in my favour when it comes to delivery

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
i just want to say... how exciting!!! congrats!! :mrgreen: and good luck!!

Grobo

Rough_Rock
i just want to say... how exciting!!! congrats!! :mrgreen: and good luck!!

Thank you so much! I'm extremely nervous about getting the ring on time because I really want to make this happen that day haha

jBright

Shiny_Rock
I appreciate the well wishes!

I noticed yesterday that most loose diamonds ship by July 23rd if ordered today while some ship by July 15th so it might be based on location of the diamond.

For what it’s worth, the diamond in my ring would have shipped with a 4 day estimate based on what it said when I ordered. Hoping that works in my favour when it comes to delivery

I’ll let you know if our diamond ships on the 13th! Even though you’re right behind us. I tried to chat w JA today and asked them what “In production” means for a loose diamond, and they stated it just means they’re working on it and can’t give me further information because it’s under my boyfriend’s email. Really shot myself in the foot on that one. Should’ve just ordered under my email :roll:. Hopefully we can both enjoy our weekends and not stress over the shipping dates!!!:lol:

Grobo

Rough_Rock
I’ll let you know if our diamond ships on the 13th! Even though you’re right behind us. I tried to chat w JA today and asked them what “In production” means for a loose diamond, and they stated it just means they’re working on it and can’t give me further information because it’s under my boyfriend’s email. Really shot myself in the foot on that one. Should’ve just ordered under my email :roll:. Hopefully we can both enjoy our weekends and not stress over the shipping dates!!!:lol:

Good luck to you as well, hopefully we both get them early next week. It's strange that a loose diamond would need to go through that process since the inspection probably takes care of everything they need to do before shipping it out

jso72

Rough_Rock
Mine was a loose diamond. I feel like it was in production then straight to shipping. I got an email the day before delivery. I hope you get it soon! Congrats!!

jBright

Shiny_Rock
Good luck to you as well, hopefully we both get them early next week. It's strange that a loose diamond would need to go through that process since the inspection probably takes care of everything they need to do before shipping it out

Yay!!! My boyfriend just got the shipping alert for our order, which is on schedule. Hopefully yours will be delivered in time also! I believe they ship all “expensive” items overnight, so you should receive yours before this weekend! Keep us updated :)!

kv3o3

Rough_Rock
I ordered my ring on May 23rd and it shipped on June 20th, one day before the estimated ship date.
Unfortunately, they somehow made it with the wrong setting. Sent it back to have remade and was quoted 2 to 3 weeks to complete.
They got it back to me in about 1.5 weeks, in the correct setting this time. But the prongs were not acceptable to me - so shipped it back again to get checked/repaired.
So far the estimated ship times have been pretty good. I'm just not sure what's happening in the quality assurance department.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my ring a little before the approximate date they gave me when I bought it.

kv3o3

Rough_Rock

May I ask you which setting you chose and which one they sent you by mistake? It's just such a coincidence that the same exact thing happened to me. I was sent a setting that was not even close to what I ordered.
Our orders seemed to have been placed and shipped around the same time as well.
I'm wondering if maybe they switched our settings. I did finally receive the correct setting but the prong job was awful. The prong tips were not even touching the surface of the stone. Out of 6 prongs, only 1 prong bordered on passable. Makes me think they reused a prong head that originally housed a larger stone. Or maybe the jeweler really just didn't do a good job.
So I sent it back to see if the can fix it. We'll see how it goes.

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
May I ask you which setting you chose and which one they sent you by mistake? It's just such a coincidence that the same exact thing happened to me. I was sent a setting that was not even close to what I ordered.
Our orders seemed to have been placed and shipped around the same time as well.
I'm wondering if maybe they switched our settings. I did finally receive the correct setting but the prong job was awful. The prong tips were not even touching the surface of the stone. Out of 6 prongs, only 1 prong bordered on passable. Makes me think they reused a prong head that originally housed a larger stone. Or maybe the jeweler really just didn't do a good job.
So I sent it back to see if the can fix it. We'll see how it goes.

Hi @kv3o3. Sorry just seeing this. I had ordered a six prong platinum knife edged ring (tiffany style), but instead got a six prong presentation setting. The first link below is what I ordered, the second is what I received.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @kv3o3. Sorry just seeing this. I had ordered a six prong platinum knife edged ring (tiffany style), but instead got a six prong presentation setting. The first link below is what I ordered, the second is what I received.

Oooh, is this still ongoing? I feel like I read about this a while back?

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
Oooh, is this still ongoing? I feel like I read about this a while back?

I'm not sure, but that was probably my issue you read about back in early June.

kv3o3

Rough_Rock

Hi, no worries. Thanks for the response.
Well, at least your settings were similar to each other. It makes sense that they might get the settings mixed up.

For mine, I ordered a plain 6 prong solitaire setting and was sent a 4 prong pave setting. The settings don't look anything alike. So not sure how they could have made a mistake like that.

I'm glad yours seems to have gotten resolved. I'm still waiting to get mine back for the prong issue repair.

jBright

Shiny_Rock

@Grobo did your ring come in on time? Were you able to propose? If so, congratulations and pictures please!!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results