shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone make rings for men anymore?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've sent a few inquiries to some familiar and well-regarded vendors whose work features in a lot of posts here -- but no responses. Anyone have good luck identifying someone US-based to make a simple man's ring (for a simple man =)2)? Just a cab or faceted unheated blue sapphire, bezel-set or flush-mounted in platinum. I had one made locally for a relative a few years ago but was looking to branch out a little. Needs to be custom and I'd need some help sourcing the stone. Thank you!

Reactions: AV_

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some of the ones that are popular here are veey busy and usually dont respond first time you contact them (irrespective of whether its a girls or guys product). I would try recontacting them.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bruce at Boone Rings is supposed to be responsive, and he has an excellent selection and can customise :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
You can also try Phil, the shop owner of Alternatives Lapidary on Etsy. He is very responsive and has great customer service, capable of cutting gems but also setting them in custom made settings.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you don't have a stone, what info have you given these jewelers so they can respond to you, and not waste time on somebody who doesn't know what they want?

Custom jewelers are not necessarily good at sourcing colored stones, you might want to do that first.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd the idea of Bruce Boone. He's amazing and responds to messages super fast.

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
I've sent a few inquiries to some familiar and well-regarded vendors whose work features in a lot of posts here -- but no responses. Anyone have good luck identifying someone US-based to make a simple man's ring (for a simple man =)2)? Just a cab or faceted unheated blue sapphire, bezel-set or flush-mounted in platinum. I had one made locally for a relative a few years ago but was looking to branch out a little. Needs to be custom and I'd need some help sourcing the stone. Thank you!
Diamonds by Lauren has some really nice men’s rings. I’m sure David would work with you on sourcing some specific stones.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/categories/mens-jewelry

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! Those are great suggestions!

This Diamonds by Lauren style is kinda the look I'm after, but not diamond and not (nearly) so shiny.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/062ct-y-z-si2-cushion-diamond-ring-r8645

Not sure if this style needs to be "hammer-set" and would work with a slightly more fragile stone like sapphire or chrysoberyl, but I'll inquire.

Boone rings offers a nice selection but look a little industrial and "CAD-ish" for me. I was hoping more old-school -- maybe less "masculine." I'm not afraid of a pretty ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results