shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know anything about Scheelite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

birdlady99

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know anything about Scheelite? I have an old cross with 20 clear and yellow/white stones. The cross and chain are sterling 925. Two jewelers could not identify the stones. They appear to be diamonds but under loup it appears they are something else. I ran across a gemologist who stated that he thought the stones were Scheelite but were very rarly used in jewelry. Any help you experts can give would be much appreciated. Oh yes, the stones are square cut and brilliant cut if that helps.

Judy Doyle

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the stones are Scheelite (which I doubt), they should show serious wear (abraded facets, scratches) because the piece is old and the stone is very soft. I wander why the jeweler mentioned this stone... if he is right the pieceshould have been custom made, otherwise the difficulty of mounting these stones in one piece, I guess, would have deterred their commercial use. Zircon comes to mind, but who knows? Besides white scheelite would be very fit for a collection and light yellow? same. These are not typical colors at all (if possible).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results