shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know anything about Kaprielian??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock
Has anyone heard anything about a diamond broker in NYC name Hratch Kaprielian or Kaprielian Enterprises?? My aunt knows this guy and can supposedly hook me up with a great deal on a stone/ring. He supposedly usually never sells to individuals but my Aunt''s known him for years. Any info anyone has, good or bad, would be appreciated! Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If he doesn''t sell to individuals then we would not know of him.

bennyboy96

Rough_Rock
I thought maybe some of the appraisers, retailers, people active in the industry may have heard something about him....

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Dear Ben..

Your major consideration should be the diamond that you get. That of course is limited by the knowledge of the merchant for something he may not commonly be familar with and his ability to get the level of quality you want.

You could thoretically go to the worst pirate in the world, but if you get an exceptional stone for an exceptional price, then who cares? Of course the opposite is true too. You could go to the best seller ( be it broker, internet dealer or regular retail store) and get a less desireable one.

The key here is to engage someone independent of the sale to assist you. There are a lot of experts here that can are knowledgeable, who can guide you properly.

I think the information you have with the durability issues, is mostly untrue. While Radiants that are cut improperly with thin girdles or shallow crown angles may have potential durabilty problems, I don''t think that a properly cut stone, is going to present you with any problems.

A lot of consumers seem to gravitate to the DIY "system" of comparing, but it''s my opinion, that you are better finding someone who has the ability and service to help you proessionally so you have someone "in your corner".

Perhaps the best person to speak to about finding a really well cut Radiant, is the Radiant Diamond Company...I think his name is Grossbard, and he does post in this forum. Compare what he tells you with the information you get from your aunt''s friend...then get it verified by an independent gemologist / appraiser.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results