shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone in the market for a doorknob asscher?

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
I wonder how the ASET looks. Probably not great as it was cut to maximize weight.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:o :o :o

@Dancing Fire's upgrade is here!!

:lol:

I wish we knew the GIA report number - I want to see how many crown/pavilion steps it has, and what clarity it actually is. It looks like 3 crown steps in that close-up face-on picture, but I think only an expert like @Karl_K would be able to work out the pavilion steps!

You'd have to build a custom ASETscope for that beast :lol:

I'm intrigued by the last part of the article, though:

The GIA identified the Lesedi La Rona rough as part of an elite group of “super deep” diamonds formed three times deeper than most other diamonds. Rare emissaries of geological information, Graff donated fragments of the Lesedi La Rona to the Smithsonian Institute to help advance diamond research.

Do diamonds formed deeper underground have different atomic structures / internal graining/growth patterns??

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wonder how the ASET looks. Probably not great as it was cut to maximize weight.
Possibly not I think it's size not sparkle that will be the thing on anyone's mind who gets a glimpse of this thing!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:o :o :o

@Dancing Fire's upgrade is here!!

:lol:

I wish we knew the GIA report number - I want to see how many crown/pavilion steps it has, and what clarity it actually is. It looks like 3 crown steps in that close-up face-on picture, but I think only an expert like @Karl_K would be able to work out the pavilion steps!

You'd have to build a custom ASETscope for that beast :lol:

Do diamonds formed deeper underground have different atomic structures / internal graining/growth patterns??

Interesting, not heard of this before.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The GIA identified the Lesedi La Rona rough as part of an elite group of “super deep” diamonds formed three times deeper than most other diamonds. Rare emissaries of geological information, Graff donated fragments of the Lesedi La Rona to the Smithsonian Institute to help advance diamond research.

Interesting, not heard of this before.

Same here!

I'm wondering if perhaps one of the trade experts might be able to comment!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hard to tell, but it is superbly cut with matching angles.
If I was designing a stone this big I would put lucky 8 pavilion steps on it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing & beautiful diamond! :love:

But am I the only one who - when watching the video - winced at them holding the diamond with their bare hands and the idea of finger smudges all over that beauty? :lol:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool to see the laser cutting at work, thank you for posting!

I'm not sure what the wording on the page is referring to, though, when they talk about the laser operator being a classically trained musician and cutting by ear?

Does the laser risk causing harmonic resonances that could potentially cause the stone to shatter? (We've all seen that Pink Panther film with the massive diamond, haven't we? :lol:)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results