shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone hire a cleaning lady/person? How much does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
phoenixgirl-I''m mostly messy with my clothes. As in, I try stuff on and then throw it on the floor, that sort of thing. That''s mostly contained to what I call my clothing room, though! (It''s technically our guest room but I use it as my giant walk in closet!)

But I would LOVE it if I could find a cleaning person who would put stuff away. I wish I was neater but I just don''t have it in me! My twin sister got all the cleaning genes in the womb...I think she stole mine, actually, because she''s clean enough for at least 2 people!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also re cost..we live in a VERY expensive metropolitan area and it's just not that expensive here, there is a lot of labor available. Again my Mom got my lady to agree to $80 for a 2700 sq ft house and I pay the same for 1550!

As to what they do...we don't have clutter and our house is actually already very clean (well except for my closet!). They don't do things like fold our laundry or put things away (but my neighbor has had them do that if she asks) and they will also do dishes in the sink (or load them into the dishwasher) and they have cleaned out my fridge once or twice (probably when they said OMG). They do all the basics like dusting, cleaning the floors, cleaning appliances, mirrors, bathrooms, showers, tubs, etc. They make our beds, clean blinds, baseboards and dust ceilings.

I have NO cleaning genes so anyone willing to clean my house gets big love from me!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
We have a cleaning lady come once every 2 weeks. Love her! She''s not from a professional service, we found her thru referral from a friend of ours. Our condo is 1350 sq ft and we pay $90 when she comes. She does everything, but laundry.

I love our cleaning lady, I HATE to clean!! I always say "the key to a great marriage, is a cleaning lady
3.gif
"

Camille

Shiny_Rock
We have a ''family helper'' weekly, I''m 70% SHAM now- and no need to justify- It''s too much for one person. Never lost a thing, she works 5 hours, eats with my children if they are around, if not, she''s welcome to open the fridge and make something...7 yeas never made herself a thing, but I make sure she takes something home. Wird thing with me, other than oven /kitchen floors she doesn''t do my kitchen, bc I''m quite specific
11.gif
trust me, she''s got plenty to do.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
We also have one. DH hated the idea at first - he doesn''t like spending money and was brought up in a pretty traditional house where you would never spend money on that kind of thing. Not that he thinks I should be doing it, but that we should be able to take care of our own house.

It was the best thing we ever did for our relationship. Our levels of cleanliness (or tolerance for clutter) is verrrry different. And I got tired of him resenting me for not wanting it as spic and span as he wanted it.

Then Irene came into our lives.

Sweet heaven.

60 for a 2 bed 2 bath condo and she does our towels/sheets.

We found her through a friend who has had her for years so we felt comfortable.

We leave regular jewellery at home and don''t worry about it. I wouldn''t leave my engagemetn ring, but I wouldn''t leave it at home even without someone being there without me.

She comes every three weeks - just long enough for it to feel ''worth it'' (and not freak out DH $$$ wise), but short enough that it doesn''t get gross.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I live in a small town and it''s $10 per hour. They do pretty much anything, including laundry if you want. For 2800 sq. feet we typically pay 2 ladies a total of
$110 weekly.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
We pay $65 for a two bed/two bath 1200 sqft apartment.

Seriously, best decision ever! They are amazing! The lady shows up with a crew of 5 others, they swoop in and the whole place is clean in 30 minutes. In, out, gone!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
The price is really region-dependent. When I lived in Pittsburgh I had a cleaning help for $10 /hour (plus tips). Here I asked around, so far the least expensive I found was $25/hr with 4 hr minimum..... I guess 1000 won''t get you a year worth of service here......
15.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my maid come by every other week for $65 in the DFW area. Our house is ~2,300 sq ft. with a completely wood lower level and carpet on the stairs and 2nd floor. They have done a great job for the last year we''ve had them and I feel especially lucky that DH was ok with it.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 9:12:36 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 7/29/2009 12:08:32 AM
Author: thing2of2
Oooh I would LOVE a cleaning person. The prices seem totally reasonable, too. To those who have a cleaning person-do they pick up and organize your stuff or just straight up clean things? I''m a bit messy at times
12.gif
so I would probably feel like I''d have to clean for the cleaning people!

This is our problem too. We''d LOVE to have a cleaning lade, but we''re clutter bugs. It takes us so long to pick up the house that by the time the cleaning part comes around we''re psyched to do it. I think the cleaning is the easy part.
I completely agree! The cleaning part isn''t bad at all. I would pay a lot to have a picker-upper lady (or gentleman).

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 6:19:40 PM
Author: kittybean
Date: 7/29/2009 9:12:36 AM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 7/29/2009 12:08:32 AM

Author: thing2of2

Oooh I would LOVE a cleaning person. The prices seem totally reasonable, too. To those who have a cleaning person-do they pick up and organize your stuff or just straight up clean things? I''m a bit messy at times
12.gif
so I would probably feel like I''d have to clean for the cleaning people!

This is our problem too. We''d LOVE to have a cleaning lade, but we''re clutter bugs. It takes us so long to pick up the house that by the time the cleaning part comes around we''re psyched to do it. I think the cleaning is the easy part.

I completely agree! The cleaning part isn''t bad at all. I would pay a lot to have a picker-upper lady (or gentleman).

I am the opposite! I can''t STAND other people touching my things without permission.. I just want someone to scrub clean without going through and picking up my personal items!

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
We have 3300 sf - 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. Our ladies come once a week - make beds, dust, vacuum, mop, do bathrooms, etc. They wash/dry towels and wash the sheets from our beds (I fold those when I get home). We pay $75 a week. They''ll wash any dirty dishes and will fold anything I''ve left in the dryer.

My sister used to do houses in FL, she did a house the same size as mine, didn''t do any of their laundry - she charged $85 weekly.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine comes every other week and does the floors, dusting, bathroooms, kitchen, and changes beds for $55. She is a dynamo and gets it done in about 2 hours. The house is about 2700 sq. ft., but there are a couple of rooms that I do not have her clean. She does not do windows in that time but would do it for an extra amount.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results