shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone here lost a ring and been pretty sure you lost it in the house?

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I can be careless about taking them off and leaving them on the counter for cooking or hand washing. The thing is that they're always together, so on the rare occasion I can't find them, it's both that are missing. I've barely worn them since shutdown started. Two weeks ago, I put them on and that evening, only my wedding band was on the counter (as I said, they're always together), but I have no memory of when I took them off.

I had a (socially distanced) meeting here at my house that morning, then worked nonstop at the dining room table until around 4, walked the dogs, dropped off some food at the food bank, came home and my husband went to feed the dogs and found just the one. I would have washed my hands after each of those things, but did nothing else. I hadn't even gone upstairs in the house between the meeting and the discovery.

They're not loose, don't slip off. We've looked everywhere. Through the garbage, item by item, twice. Same for the recycling. Cupboards and drawers, clothing, pockets, even checked the dogs' 'output' for a week.

I'm starting to lose hope. Any positive stories out there?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Maybe check some p traps? Under the cabinets? Do you have another pet that could have ingested it/ is tall or agile enough to reach it? I would check every bowl, drawer, vase, cabinet, etc again with fresh eyes and maybe a flash light.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I really hope you find your ring soon.

I lost a ring my aunt gave me. It wasn't in any of my usual hiding places, and I was frantic to find it. I found it months later in the bottom of a gift bag....go figure! Anyway, don't give up hope.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry you are missing your ring, I know how upsetting that is.

My husband lost his wedding band for months, we looked all over the house including under the bed several times. His ring was loose at the time and he was convinced it had slipped off during the night but no matter where and how many times we looked we never found it.

Then one night he sprung up from his seat and ran into the bedroom and literally got under the bed (he is 6'3 so not a small task) and found the ring! It was under the bed literally behind a dresser leg all that time. It was like a lightbulb went off in his head where he thought he knew exactly where it landed.

So there is hope, my advice is look and then look again, have another person do the same rinse and repeat and I bet it will turn up!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
My husband has lost his ring. He took it off because his finger was irritated and we suspect our toddler took it. Which we think it means we will never find it lol. Hope you have better luck!! I think my husband is more upset about losing his ring than I am. I told him now he can think of what he wants for his upgrade next year lol!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a nauseating feeling!

My sister once lost her engagement ring. It's big & valuable. About 12 months later, after an insurance payout & a new ring, she was clearing up the kids toys & Barbie house, when something caught her eye. The Barbie abandoned at the bottom of the dolls house was wearing a VERY expensive necklace! Turns out one of the children had pulled off Barbie's head, popped the ring over the neck & put the head back on. And they were little, so asking if anyone knew what happened to mummy's ring was futile at the time! My sister fessed up to the insurance, who had well processed by that point in time and told her to enjoy both if her rings.

Please stay positive! You never know when it might surface & fingers crossed for you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband lost his school ring which means a lot to him. We looked everywhere...He was pretty upset. Fast forward to a year later...We moved to a new house in a different state. Our realtor called to say the owners of our previous house found his ring wedged in between the wood on the deck! It was an elevated deck so if it fell through it would have been lost forever. It is set with a polished star sapphire...It was terribly abraded having been through a winter and summer outdoors. We had it sent through our jeweler to have it repolished. It looked like new when we picked it up!
I lost my watch for over a year. It was behind the boxes in my pantry. I screamed when I found it..My family thought I was in trouble so they came running! Haha

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, hope you find it.

I'm terrible about losing things in the house.
I never put things where they belong. :nono:

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
My husband lost his wedding ring in my car. We were teaching our oldest how to drive and one Sunday took the car to the car wash and out for lunch.

After lunch when she was driving us home, he was sitting in the passenger seat and moved the seat back. He heard a clink. Low and behold his wedding ring that had been lost for a year.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I lost two rings for months from last October through May this year. I had several jewelry boxes in two locations and always assumed they were in one of them, until I realized when I wanted to wear them and organized my rings in December. I searched in all the drawers and even my closet, to no avail. In late April after half a year of missing those rings, I had a dream I found them in a clear plastic box on one of my shelves. Needlessly to say, there was no such clear plastic box after I woke up to check it. I even feared housekeeping had taken it.

Then, a couple months after the dream, I was looking for tweezers and remembered a shoebox on a lower shelf where I had shoved in small items I don't use often, and I found both the rings in a ring box inside the shoebox! I must've hidden them from housekeeping and later forgot where I hid them, so I hid them from myself, too!

@jaaron o/t Yes, my new avatar is the first of a series of lavender spinels I intended to set. You'll see more of it after I receive it on Thursday evening.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Any chance your dog ate it?

I took my rings off while making dinner. I just left them on the counter beside me. I remembered I had taken them off while getting ready for bed, went to retrieve them and they weren't there. We pretty much tore the house apart looking everywhere.

Looking back, our new puppy had been resting on the floor while i cooked. At one point she put her paws on the counter near where my ring was and seemed to grab something. I couldn't find anything in her mouth when I checked so I thought nothing of it. I am now sure she ate my rings.

Luckily, insurance covered it and my new ring should be ready any day.

ETA: I see you did check. I'm sorry, I hope it turns up.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring-finding dust to you!!

I have seen threads and some PS ers seem to be able to "sense" / find things from far away. Maybe someone will chime in!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I have someone coming tomorrow to take apart the kitchen sink to make sure it didn't go down the drain, but it's a pretty decent sized ring-- you'd almost have to work to lose it in plain sight (pic below for reference).

There are so many days I would have trouble accounting for my movements, when it could be anywhere. But I know exactly where I was all day that day, and there's hardly anywhere it could be. The fact that the wedding band was on the counter means that's where I put them down. So frustrating.

Two dogs-- one's a puppy, so instantly fell under suspicion, but we've methodically checked every poo (fun!) and nothing. He hasn't shown any distress and our vet thinks it's unlikely to just be hanging out. We'd have to sedate him to get him x-rayed, which I hate to do unnecessarily.

Can't decide whether to call the insurance company or wait it out a bit more.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 12.46.23.png

[/QUOTE]

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost an earring in our home office. That room is FULL of crap and I couldn’t find it despite searching with the room light off and flashlight in hand.

A few weeks later, I picked up a package that had been on the office floor. I wonder if the earring got caught on one of the folds or maybe some adhesive, because I found the earring on the floor outside the office later that day.

I hope your rings turn up soon!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You said you had a socially distanced meeting at the house. I hate to ask, but is there any chance someone who was at the meeting saw it on the counter and took it?

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
O i'm so sorry to hear this. Checking doggy poop is no fun. Both my husband and I have lost our rings separately. A few days later, after we turned around the house and gave up on it, I was coming home and something shiny on the drive way caught my eye. It was his ring.

Mine- I swore was in either the one of 2 places I put my ring at home, but they weren't there. I looked like a crazy woman and tore through the whole house, stayed up way past bedtime looked everywhere. Nothing. And then about a week later, it was in a kitchen drawer- also for safe keeping as we had visitors over, I remembered after the fact I quickly put it in there.

But if they are normally and a pair- it seems like one was swiped off the counter.
My aunt took off her rings, her table was a bit dirty, and she put the rings on a tissue. And then absent mindly threw out the rings, wadded up in tissue. 2 days later she panicked, luckily garbage day had not come yet, and found it there- but I know you checked that too.

Maybe its in a drawer in your kitchen as it might have gotten knocked in while you were entertaining?

Good luck!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How upsetting. Could the ring have been inadvertently swept into the food bank donation (bag, box)? I sincerely hope you find your beautiful ring.

kind regards--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So long as you thoughrly checked the rubbish and reducing and it didn't go to the food bank you must remain positive it will turn up
Its been a stressful time for us all of late - things get put in strange places absentmindably at the best of times
I know the worry of missing jewlery

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
Yes. Or, well whom ever found it at the food bank likely needs it more than you.
IF thats where it turned up. But you would hope they would have reported it to the foodbank themselves. If someone desperately took it, hope that creates good karmic energy for you.

But I really hope you find it, and that it gets returned if it got mistakenly donated to the foodbank.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edited, if you call the food bank and no one seems to know about it, it may be time to report the ring as lost to the local police, just in case. Tnat way, if someone at the food bank took it and tries to pawn it, it could be flagged. You can always cancel the report if you find it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Check the drawers under the counter. Empty them all out
Strong flaslight at night with the lights out and start low laying on the floor looking under things then work your way up then back to the floor in case you knocked it off something while looking.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate lost stuff and send you good vibes for finding your beautiful ring! I second Karl with the flashlight in total darkness. Sounds like it must have been knocked off the counter somehow. Do what is necessary to protect your interests but don’t give up on the ring!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Is it possible it was knocked off the counter and bounced behind the cabinet baseboard? Some cabinets are constructed so that the toe kick (vertical board) does not attach to the cabinet---there is a gap at the top of the toe kick that leads to space under the cabinet.

Have you checked under the refrigerator and stove?

Good luck!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
You said you had a socially distanced meeting at the house. I hate to ask, but is there any chance someone who was at the meeting saw it on the counter and took it?

No, I definitely wouldn't have taken it off until after they'd left.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry that you lost your ring, hope that you find it! If it's any consolation, it's an excuse for an upgrade??

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
O i'm so sorry to hear this. Checking doggy poop is no fun. Both my husband and I have lost our rings separately. A few days later, after we turned around the house and gave up on it, I was coming home and something shiny on the drive way caught my eye. It was his ring.

Mine- I swore was in either the one of 2 places I put my ring at home, but they weren't there. I looked like a crazy woman and tore through the whole house, stayed up way past bedtime looked everywhere. Nothing. And then about a week later, it was in a kitchen drawer- also for safe keeping as we had visitors over, I remembered after the fact I quickly put it in there.

But if they are normally and a pair- it seems like one was swiped off the counter.
My aunt took off her rings, her table was a bit dirty, and she put the rings on a tissue. And then absent mindly threw out the rings, wadded up in tissue. 2 days later she panicked, luckily garbage day had not come yet, and found it there- but I know you checked that too.

Maybe its in a drawer in your kitchen as it might have gotten knocked in while you were entertaining?

Good luck!

Sorry to hear that you too have had the fun of forensic dog poo analysis, but glad you found yours!

We've emptied the drawers and cabinets. No luck.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

How upsetting. Could the ring have been inadvertently swept into the food bank donation (bag, box)? I sincerely hope you find your beautiful ring.

kind regards--Sharon

I don't think so as the food was already bagged up and in the car. I didn't actually take it in as my husband did that. I remember handing him the hand sanitiser when he came out and thinking that I didn't need to take my rings off and sanitise as I hadn't touched anything outside.

I so wish I could retrace everything. I know it's out there somewhere.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I have someone coming tomorrow to take apart the kitchen sink to make sure it didn't go down the drain, but it's a pretty decent sized ring-- you'd almost have to work to lose it in plain sight (pic below for reference).

There are so many days I would have trouble accounting for my movements, when it could be anywhere. But I know exactly where I was all day that day, and there's hardly anywhere it could be. The fact that the wedding band was on the counter means that's where I put them down. So frustrating.

Two dogs-- one's a puppy, so instantly fell under suspicion, but we've methodically checked every poo (fun!) and nothing. He hasn't shown any distress and our vet thinks it's unlikely to just be hanging out. We'd have to sedate him to get him x-rayed, which I hate to do unnecessarily.

Can't decide whether to call the insurance company or wait it out a bit more.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 12.46.23.png

[/QUOTE]

Oh my @jaaron I would have a heart attack! I hope you find it soon!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
So long as you thoughrly checked the rubbish and reducing and it didn't go to the food bank you must remain positive it will turn up
Its been a stressful time for us all of late - things get put in strange places absentmindably at the best of times
I know the worry of missing jewlery

It seems petty right now to feel so bad about this-- it's nice to know there's a group of people who get it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results