shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone heard of : Dubai Wholesale Diamonds

CausNeFTK

Rough_Rock
Hi There,

I have recently been doing some online research to find the best place to buy in Engagement ring, I will be heading to Dubai shortly and have found a site that seems pretty good, with good prices and stock etc but I cannot not find any review what so ever about this site or company.

The site is http://dubaiwholesalediamonds.com/

Was wondering if anyone has used or knows anything about this company?

Cheers

Tony

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi CausNeFTK,
I have not heard of this website, or company.
If you are going to Dubai, I would reccommed trying the gold and diamond park (any regulated Dubai taxi can take you there).
Do research before you go so you know what to ask for and don't buy without a GIA report.
Bear in mind that if you are just seaching for a stone (so you can get it set into a ring on your return to your home country) the vendors may be reluctant to take the stone out of its original GIA plastic box, which can make inspection with a loope a bit difficult.

Happy shopping :wavey:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dear Tony,
I just can tell you, that I have purchased several items in Dubai in the last few years! Thanks to Pricescope, I already know, what to look for, but at the beginning I also made my mistakes! I can recommend you also the Gold Souk in the Dubai Mall, and if you are there, look for the National Jewelry. I purchased 2 beautiful diamonds from Rajul there. They have also am ASET scope, because I surprised him with one! He was really happy about it, after I showed him, how to use it!
If you are there, just tell them what you want, and they are going to help you!
And just to point out: I am not a trader, I do not even live in Dubai, but in Europe, and this is just a recommendation!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wholesalers only sell to retailers.

Calling itself a wholesaler while selling to the public tells us they are dishonest and hope you are stupid.
I'd shop elsewhere.

IMO the best place to buy is online.
Whiteflash
Goodoldgold
Briangavindiamonds
Jamesallen

These are a few of the fine online vendors with well-cut diamonds at great prices and with good policies and customer service.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
just looked at their "colored stone" jewelry section and it appears they have just taken photos found online of other jewelers stuff and are calling it their own.

this does look kinda shady.

CausNeFTK

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the Info, yea something about the site didn't feel quite right to me, I'll look through some of the more well known sites.

Cheers

CausNeFTK

Rough_Rock
Hello again, have a quick question for anyone that might know, I am looking at the below diamond, it is an F, VS2 and has the cloud inclusion you can see near the center, I've been told the picture is 15x magnification. Is there any chance you would see this with the naked eye?

Cheers

vs2_cloud_inclusion.jpg

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For what it's worth - I've just moved to Dubai from Singapore.

I have, until now, bought many of my diamonds online from Whiteflash, Union Diamond, Blue Nile, etc.

Just for fun, I did a comparison of like-for-like diamonds from Cara Jewellers (one touted by many as the best and most honest here) at the Gold & Diamond Park in Dubai, i.e. same size, colour, clarity plus all the angles/percentages so I was being fair with the comparison.

I found that the online vendor prices were still better for stones of the same specifications.

:eh:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
The company name already sets off alarms for me...

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CausNeFTK|1404363843|3705796 said:
Hello again, have a quick question for anyone that might know, I am looking at the below diamond, it is an F, VS2 and has the cloud inclusion you can see near the center, I've been told the picture is 15x magnification. Is there any chance you would see this with the naked eye?

Cheers

vs2_cloud_inclusion.jpg
Typically VS2 in a round is eye clean from the face-up view at about 10 inches with overhead lighting to a person with normal vision (or corrected to normal). This generalization starts to break down as the diamond gets large in size, as the size of allowable inclusions in a given grade also increases in a relative way. Judging from the image I would say this diamond should be eye clean, except perhaps to an extremely near-sighted person.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
CausNeFTK|1404363843|3705796 said:

Cheers

vs2_cloud_inclusion.jpg

CausNeFTX,

Can you tell us what lab graded the diamond as F VS2?

magicfx

Rough_Rock
That is wierd, I have just posted a question about a diamond with a cloud inclusion, can you show a better picture of the inclusion for me and tell me the country of origin please.

NICHOLAS RUNCORN

Rough_Rock
DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY: THEY STOLE MY MONEY AND I AM CURRENTLY TRYING TO GET IT BACK

NICHOLAS RUNCORN

Rough_Rock
DUBAI WHOLESALE DIAMONDS: WARNING WARNING WARNING: DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY

NICHOLAS RUNCORN

Rough_Rock

NICHOLAS RUNCORN

Rough_Rock
Hi There,

I have recently been doing some online research to find the best place to buy in Engagement ring, I will be heading to Dubai shortly and have found a site that seems pretty good, with good prices and stock etc but I cannot not find any review what so ever about this site or company.

The site is http://dubaiwholesalediamonds.com/

Was wondering if anyone has used or knows anything about this company?

Cheers

Tony

NICHOLAS RUNCORN

Rough_Rock
THEY STOLE MY MONEY AND I AM TRYING TO GET IT BACK

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend's (now) husband purchased a stunning diamond engagement ring from http://www.aussiemikes.org/ Shop #56, Mezzanine Floor, Gold Land Building Deira, Dubai.
Many of the military blokes purchase from here on their way home from deployment and it's considered trustworthy but I would definitely haggle!
http://www.aussiemikes.org/

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THEY STOLE MY MONEY AND I AM TRYING TO GET IT BACK
If you paid by Credit Card, you should be protected through the Terms and Conditions. You should be able to ring them and ask them to do a chargeback if the company (or any company, I believe) have failed to provide the services or goods you have paid for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results