shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone hear of the Eyebrow Guru.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Anastasia Soare? I saw a segment about her on tv this morning and am interested in the eyebrow product she sells.

Has anyone heard of her and if so have you learned to make the perfect eyebrows?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, no help here. I am very interested though. Do you have any more information? I hate my brows.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I've heard of her. There are Anastasia studios in many Nordstrom stores where a technician trained in the Anastasia method will do your brows. I have a friend who loves going there.

I have my eyebrows done professionally every few weeks at a salon, but my waxist is not specifically trained in the "Anastasia method" or whatever, yet I still think she does an amazing job. If I were looking for a different waxist, I might consider making a trip to Nordstrom.

As for tweezing tools at home, I love my Tweezerman tweezers.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I use her products at home - you can get them at Sephora. I''m really into groomed brows.

My skin is very sensitive to wax, though, so I found a local salon that offers eyebrow threading - it''s a Middle Eastern method of hair removal, that pulls the hair out from the root, but with some floss-like thread instead of wax. The girl who does my brows is amazing, so I go get my brows shaped by her 3 or 4 times a year and then I maintain it by myself in between.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Anastatia sells this serum that promises to grow eyebrows back where you overplucked. I took too much length off between my brows - I'd like them to grow closer to the bridge of my nose. One month of using this serum and... nothing. I went online and read reviews and 80% of people agree it doesn't work.

ETA: actually a few of my existing brows grew longer (too long which grossed me out) but that's it

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 10:46:52 AM
Author: radiantquest
Sorry, no help here. I am very interested though. Do you have any more information? I hate my brows.
I''ve been checking out her bio and a CBS segment on youtube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cuiB9PqDpw&NR=1&feature=fvwp

In this video she reshapes the brows of 3 teens. What I liked about this video is that it showed a girl with very little brow hair and her after look was amazing. Anastasia also spoke of a serum to use in case you overpluck to promote hair growth. I am a victim of the pencil thin eyebrows of the 1970s and while they have grown back they are a tiny bit sparse.

This second video has a woman who shaved off her brows, and a woman who works for Anastasia is doing the brows on her. (The woman does not recommend threading however)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwWvaBhaZuA&feature=related

This last final is from AnastasiaBeverly Hills and is a quickie on before and after brows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nGxvvKQ05w&feature=related

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
ok... don''t laugh, but I had over plucked brows too and I used women''s Rogaine to grow part of them back. I swear it worked! I think the small bottle is like $25 or something. I don''t know how that compares to Anastasia''s stuff, but it worked for me.
As for going to one of her salons, I have not tried her but have had threading done and it''s pretty cool. I went to Shobha in NYC (the SoHo one) and they were great. I''d be curious to go to an Anastasia salon... I understand Sephora has a brow bar too.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 2:40:24 PM
Author: PaulaW
ok... don''t laugh, but I had over plucked brows too and I used women''s Rogaine to grow part of them back. I swear it worked! I think the small bottle is like $25 or something. I don''t know how that compares to Anastasia''s stuff, but it worked for me.
As for going to one of her salons, I have not tried her but have had threading done and it''s pretty cool. I went to Shobha in NYC (the SoHo one) and they were great. I''d be curious to go to an Anastasia salon... I understand Sephora has a brow bar too.
Starset Princess said that Anastasia''s serum did not work and I had read somewhere about using Rogaine on the eyebrows. I''d like to tty this since there is too much space between my eyebrows. Thanks for the usefull info PaulaW!
36.gif

I just want to know how you determine the color brow that is right for you? Anyone know?

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Thx for the info, ladies...that''s really interesting about the Rogaine.

I have naturally sparse brows, and usually just fill them in with a pencil. It''s sometimes tough to find a good colour match, as I''m a redhead.

I''m going to try the Rogaine (if I suddenly grow a horn, I''ll let you know
2.gif
)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 5:37:47 PM
Author: Vancity
It''s sometimes tough to find a good colour match, as I''m a redhead.
Vancity, I have auburn hair and the taupe color works like magic.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Thx so much, Starset
35.gif

Are you using the actual Anastasia eyebrow pencil in "Taupe"?

I see she also makes a colour called "Strawburn" for redheads? I will try the taupe as you''ve suggested, and may give the strawburn a go, too.

(Good ol'' Maybelline used to make an auburn coloured pencil, but they seem to have discontinued it...it was inexpensive but effective.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results