shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have this solitaire mounting from ERD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
I came across Lucky Sparkle''s beautiful solitaire from Mark T of ERD (see attached picture). I have a 2.3 ct round and would like to purchase the same mounting.

I have a few questions for anyone who has purchased from Mark T:

1. Was it a good experience?

2. What was the quality of the workmanship on the ring?

3. If you have this ring, would you change anything about it? If so, what?

4. Does anyone know of an EXPERT setter in the Los Angeles area?

LD0008.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI there,

There is a whole thread around here somewhere on rings only from ERD. We are in the process of purchasing from Mark right now (ring will be here this week) and have had nothing but a positive experience so far. He has gone out of his way for us multiple times and we're only buying a teensy ring by PS standards.

I know that people have commented positively about the quality of his work. Before buying from him I ran tons and tons of searches on this board and there have only been a few complaints that I can find and they were mostly about timing or confusion, and it appears that they were resolved easily. However there were a TON of very happy customers.

The one you're referring to looks like a Tiffany replica, and if so, you might want to check out the excel diamonds one. It would be cheaper than having it custom made if that is the look you're going for. Not that I want to take business from Mark because he's fabulous, but it might just be cheaper and easier.

And if you do it with Mark I would just let them set it. He's been in the business a long time and I am sure he would have no trouble setting something like that.

ETA: Here's the link to excel's replica: http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Diamond-Solitaire-Engagement-Rings-11/Classic-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-In-Platinum-640.html

and here is the link to the whole thread on ERD rings:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stones-and-settings-from-mark-turnowski-erd.59105/

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your reply and the links. I have seen the Tiffany Replica on the Excel website, and, while it''s lovely, I''m not a fan of knife-edge shanks. The reason I like Mark''s replica so much is that it can be ordered with a rounded shank. Both the Excel ring and this one are considered "custom-made" to the exact specs of your center stone. They are also both the same price. I''m a stickler for quality and fine polish and symmetry, so I was hoping to confirm with others who have this ring that it is very well-made.

I too would prefer to have Mark set my stone, but shipping it to NY is a problem. Mark said he would help me find a good setter in LA. I was just wondering if anyone had any good experiences with local jewelers.

I agree that Mark is very nice to work with. He has been extremely responsive to all my email inquiries. I''m just nervous and want to be sure the ring turns out well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results