shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have I, J, or K princess cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking for my friend who is considering princess cuts in these colors and I would like to be able to show him some examples/ see how people feel about princess cuts in these colors. Any help would be appreciated!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
as long as you get a great cut (ags0 ideal) you will be fine. once you hit ''j'' and definitely ''k'' you will be able to see some color in the stone in certain lighting but the sparkle is so great, you don''t really notice.

this ring belongs to a good friend of mine. it is an ags0 1.1ct. j/si2
3.gif

lwax_01.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the finished ring

lfinished_01.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a J princess and while in certain lights it faces up pretty white it does show the warmth in most others. I''m not that terribly bothered by color so it''s fine for me but if color bothers your friend at all then she may want to go to a higher color especially if she''s set on a princess cut.

CMSSet4.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
belle, what a different setting. I like it, especially the top down view!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 9:51:08 AM
Author: Ellen
belle, what a different setting. I like it, especially the top down view!
thanks ellen! i''ll pass on the compilment.
2.gif
it is very different from what we usually see around here. it really looks stunning in person... it''s refreshing to see the clean, simple lines.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 10:11:37 AM
Author: belle
thanks ellen! i''ll pass on the compilment.
2.gif
it is very different from what we usually see around here. it really looks stunning in person... it''s refreshing to see the clean, simple lines.
Yes! I think that''s why I like it so much.

Please tell her she has great taste.
28.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I''m not an expert on princess cuts or anything but I am looking around for one and did consider a J color stone and I was concerned about color but I spoke with the gemologist for the vendor that had the stone and was told that a really well cut princess would not show a whole lot of color and that if it did it would be a warmth not a real yellow color. Hope that helps.
I would imagine though that the bigger the stone there would be more color showing not sure though and also I''m not color sensitive but if you are you should go higher in color.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Your friend has probably figured out is that princess cuts tend to look a little smaller than rounds of the same weight. So it is perfectly ok to look at the warmer colors to see if the weight can go up, to keep the price within your target range. I had a 2.5 princess at one time that was a K. It was a delightful color-not yellow at all-I''d say more toward the pink and suntan range. Then, for fun, I traded it for a 3 c princess K, but that k got on my nerves--definitely toward the yellow end of the spectrum. It all depends on what you enjoy. Make sure you have a good trade in/up policy so if your friend decides they aren''t into the color they get, they can change it. Sometimes the color grows on you and sometimes the color gets on your nerves!

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your help everyone! I''ll pass on these pics to him...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results