shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have gray gold pieces?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE I'm awakening this zombie thread to ask if you ever used gray gold in your pieces, and if so can you explain the difference between it and unrhodiumed gold? How does it look compared to platinum? Thanks!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @meely ! Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. The pic in your thread comparing it to 18k white and platinum is exactly what I was looking for. I was admiring Christy's lavender spinel ring (again!) and saw she mentioned a different kind of gold i wasn't aware existed. 2021 is the year I plan on setting more of my stones (and acquiring less, MAYBE) and I'm trying to brainstorm.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah I get you I don’t recall that thread have you got a link? I wonder if finding someone who works with it might be problematic.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah I see. Have you looked on David Klass Instagram? Is grey gold the same as blackened gold? This is really weird but I just bought a stone from Alex Park, it was in a blackened gold setting, I want yellow gold so he took the stone out before sending it to DK for me. B46D039B-733A-4F3E-BA33-0B9C0AC091D2.jpeg Wonder if it’s the same thing.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From that pic it looks really similar to the color of my bracelet.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE I'm awakening this zombie thread to ask if you ever used gray gold in your pieces, and if so can you explain the difference between it and unrhodiumed gold? How does it look compared to platinum? Thanks!

Hi! Yes DK made the bottom band in these pics with his 14k grey gold. It is one they actually mix at DK, NOT plated. I would call it a dark platinum color. The center ring is platinum (also DK) and the top with the amethyst is un plated 14kwg. I chickened out on the grey gold for my spinel (Amy convinced me platinum might be better for resale) . The grey would have been so pretty with the lavender.
Screenshot_20210215-163443_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210215-163537_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210215-162828_Gallery.jpg 20200913_125157.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE thanks for the pics! I'm resetting my deeper purple spinel with silver spinel side stones and I think it would be a good fit for my project too. I may just do platinum though, considering the crazy gold prices. Still deciding.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE thanks for the pics! I'm resetting my deeper purple spinel with silver spinel side stones and I think it would be a good fit for my project too. I may just do platinum though, considering the crazy gold prices. Still deciding.

Please give it real consideration. I definetly would have gone that route in hindsight.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

I don’t know if it’s still helpful, but kataoka jewelry has this image illustrating the difference between the metals they use, including grey gold next to platinum. There are some photos of rings in this material on their website, mostly in the wedding band section. 95B0A817-5388-4097-B27A-16E9F228928F.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results