shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have any Window Brand Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,
35.gif

Hubby and I are in the process of replacing the windows in our home (original to the 1985 house
6.gif
) and was wondering if you folks had any luck, likes and dislikes of specific window brands?

We have had a couple quotes from local vendors, and the company we like best stocks Dove Windows. They are double hung, with screens and were quoted being wrapped and put in from the outside... We also have another company that offers almost the same window but the brand is Sierra... Anyone heard of either of these?

We looked at the Pella, and all the super high expensive ones, but I can''t justify spending that much when the Dove Windows do all I need and have all the features to make them rated energy efficient. Am I missing something?

Experiences guys? Anything we should look for or avoid with the windows themselves in addition to the instillation??

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
I asked SO, who''s an architect, and he suggested checking out Weather Shield. He hasn''t heard of Dove, so had nothing to contribute to that, but he likes Weather Shield because they come with a lifetime warranty, are cheaper than Pella and you get true divided lights (no fake frames).

He also said that Marvin and Anderson are decent.

HTH!

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 2:56:55 PM
Author: rockpaperscissors67
I asked SO, who''s an architect, and he suggested checking out Weather Shield. He hasn''t heard of Dove, so had nothing to contribute to that, but he likes Weather Shield because they come with a lifetime warranty, are cheaper than Pella and you get true divided lights (no fake frames).

He also said that Marvin and Anderson are decent.

HTH!
Thanks so much! The Dove have an unconditional lifetime warranty that sticks with the house, so if we move the new owners are covered too.(The way the rep explained it was like a VIN number, the installer registers the number with my house address and they are covered for life, pretty cool IMO) I will have Hubby look into the Weather Shield. I have heard of both the Marvin and the Anderson, but the rep for the Anderson windows install was outrageous!!

Thank you and your husband for his advice!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results