shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a YouTube Channel?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve decided to start myself a YouTube Channel. I mean, have you seen some of the nonsense on there?
My nonsense is as good as anyone else’s.
Seriously, I was astonished to learn that some 6 year old boy called Ryan does videos of opening new toys / games and gives his “worldly wisdom” on such items and has earnt 17 MILLION DOLLARS!
He has millions of subscribers and like, how and why is this even possible.
Mind boggling.
Anyhow, I won’t be in it for the money or subscribers I just want my nonsense “out there” because I can.
Who said old people aren’t up to date. At least I can talk more stuff than stupid toy reviews!
So I have to go buy myself a Go Pro Hero 7 with inbuilt “gimble stabilization” - yep a “real” word, gimble - it’s to make your videos all smooth like if you’re walking.
I’m going to video myself doing old person boring stuff while blabbing on about whatever takes my fancy.
Then I’ll have a “digital footprint” to leave in my wake - sounds like a plan to me!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve decided to start myself a YouTube Channel. I mean, have you seen some of the nonsense on there?
Seriously, I was astonished to learn that some 6 year old boy called Ryan does videos of opening new toys / games and gives his “worldly wisdom” on such items and has earnt 17 MILLION DOLLARS!
Mind boggling.
Anyhow, I won’t be in it for the money or subscribers I just want my nonsense “out there” because I can.
Who said old people aren’t up to date. At least I can talk more stuff than stupid toy reviews!
So I have to go buy myself a Go Pro Hero 7 with inbuilt “gimble stabilization” - yep a “real” word, gimble - it’s to make your videos all smooth like if you’re walking.
I’m going to video myself doing old person boring stuff while blabbing on about whatever takes my fancy.
Then I’ll have a “digital footprint” to leave in my wake - sounds like a plan to me!

Well, I can't wait to watch!
If your 'nonsense" revolves around jewels, I'm there!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
It’ll work if you’re really funny and likable. ;)2 My favorite in the older age range is Maangchi.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son is hooked on Ryan! I can hardly believe I bought him an iPad for his birthday, for him to just watch another kid play with toys :D

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand how people make money off YT, nevermind $17m - who the hell is paying that much?

Is it just companies using his enormous online presence as a selling tool, by giving him (effectively) a salary and free stuff to talk about, in an attempt to influence the market into purchasing things?

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I don't understand how people make money off YT, nevermind $17m - who the hell is paying that much?

Is it just companies using his enormous online presence as a selling tool, by giving him (effectively) a salary and free stuff to talk about, in an attempt to influence the market into purchasing things?

Well, it’s that and the ad revenue YouTube puts on their videos.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will watch! I watch a lot of YT already. I like the variety of subjects. Don't worry about making money.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Mind boggling.

That’s fabulous, Bron!!! I’m so excited for you. Are we allowed to link to YouTube? I have no idea, but if there’s a way for us to support, let me know!

I recently took a standup class and I really loved it—I won’t be taking it up in the real world, but it was really fun and wildly liberating to do something where I get to be silly and talk about whatever I want. It was scary too, I’m shy about public speaking. I’m glad you’re going for it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha. I have a channel. I've created channels for clients and uploaded their content. I don't have a fancy go-pro, just use my iphone, as do most of folks I know. I once had a neighbor who go-pro'd herself mountain biking...god those videos were so long and boring!

I don't know this Ryan kid, but my daughter is 6 and a half and has been into watching unpackaging videos on youtube for a couple years now. She also likes to watch a family with 6 kids whose channel is called Shot of the Yeagers. I have youtube music or ASMR running in the background pretty much all day. You might as well take advantage of the platform--everyone else is!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36F9296C-C0C0-4C8C-9E05-5B3D70EE084F.jpeg Update - well I’ve ordered my Go Pro 7 Black.
Done my research re SD cards (who knew there are 10 Trillion types ) and extra batteries (be prepared) and 216 piece Go Pro accessory pack - go big or go home I say.
Can’t wait.
And I can do an “unveiling” when my ring purchase arrives - oooooo

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, we deleted a few posts that led to PSers/their children’s YouTube accounts. We do not allow posting personal information on this site for security. You post thousands of dollars worth of jewelry, then post a YouTube video where someone can identify your street/home/town and it would be easy for someone to rob you. Please help us ans yourselves and do not post those links or names of personal videos/channels on the site.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Folks, we deleted a few posts that led to PSers/their children’s YouTube accounts. We do not allow posting personal information on this site for security. You post thousands of dollars worth of jewelry, then post a YouTube video where someone can identify your street/home/town and it would be easy for someone to rob you. Please help us ans yourselves and do not post those links or names of personal videos/channels on the site.
No, I’m not posting on here, just sharing my new adventure idea - that’s ok?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Yes, the posts that violated the policies were removed.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a fantastic idea, Bron! I personally do not think that social media and video sharing sites like YouTube pose quite the existential threat that they are portrayed to be :) ... but, then again who knows what it will all be in 20-30 years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results