shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone had diamond studs in rose gold?

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

I have a beloved pair of (already upgraded) whiteflash ACAs in white gold.

Most of my other regular jewelry is now rose gold and i realise it is much more flattering.

Has anyone got any pics of diamonds set in rose gold for studs?

Is it frivolous to consider re-setting them? (i wear them daily)

Thanks in advance

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know @Rose-gold-or-bust has a gorgeous pair of studs in rose gold! All of my jewellery is rose gold, with the exception of my tennis bracelet, full eternity ring, and my studs, which are all prong set in white gold. The prongs and baskets on my engagement ring are white gold too, with the band being rose gold. I prefer all of my prongs in white gold, so they are less visible, while everything else is rose. Rose gold bezels would be delicious though :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Dandi that it is best to have prongs on diamonds in white metals. I think the settings in studs should be as invisible as possible, so I'd stick with what you have. That said, in other earring styles where more metal shows, certainly you could choose rose gold with diamond centers or accents...bezels, hoops, drops, etc.

AMRose

Rough_Rock
I’m currently in Vegas & happened to try on rose gold bezel studs. They were cute!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think studs in RG would be SO pretty, ESPECIALLY since that's your fav. The fact that it is a better tone with your coloring means, IMO, that it will blend in that much more seamlessly which means the diamonds will POP! I say go for it. KEEP your current mountings... you can always have the reset into the original mounting if, down the road, you decide you are tired of RG. The cost for the mountings and setting the stones isn't crazy yet it will feel like you got a new piece of jewelry!!!

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I do! I can take photos later today and post them here for you. I like my prongs in rose too so I never have to deal with having them dipped. It also helps define and separate diamonds from one another in a cluster which I like too.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
@Rose-gold-or-bust ooooo I like it even more now I see it :kiss2:

Ok. I will plan to reset them. Issue is - I'm in Australia so sending them back to whiteflash can take a while/costly. I will maybe aim to do it when I can afford upgrade too. What colour are your diamonds in the pic (if you don't mind answering)?

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
@Rose-gold-or-bust ooooo I like it even more now I see it :kiss2:

Ok. I will plan to reset them. Issue is - I'm in Australia so sending them back to whiteflash can take a while/costly. I will maybe aim to do it when I can afford upgrade too. What colour are your diamonds in the pic (if you don't mind answering)?

I believe they are E which is overkill for studs this size (1 ctw) but thats what was available

Lucy-In-The-Sky

Rough_Rock
I have a small pair that are set in rose gold.

They're old mine cut, ~.8 ctw and L. I usually prefer yellow gold but I came across these and they were a great price. (They're my more modest pair I tend to wear when traveling.) I have red hair and autumn coloring, so RG/YG look much better on me what WG/platinum.

I've struggled to get a good photo, so please excuse the non-glamour shots. This is in florescent lighting and I had to prop the earrings up against the lip of my coffee lid.

IMG_1471.jpg

and yikes, I didn't clean them this morning, I was running late. Regretting that decision now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results