shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone had a good experience with Diamonds by Lauren?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Quality, prices, service etc?

Shopping around for a side project I''m putting together (my goal is to be done by spring) and trying to get an idea of the best colored diamond vendors.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do a search to find threads about them. David, the main guy there, posts here a lot, his name is Rock Diamond.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought a few things from David, my ER, a brown/yellow color change stone that I traded in for my sapphire ring and a pair of studs. I don''t have any colored diamonds from him yet but he''ll be the first person I stop in to see when i''m ready for my yellow!

I live pretty close to the diamond district and I have been able to visit David quite a few times in person. I''ve seen way more than I could ever buy, and he was always more than happy to show me anything I wanted to see. David is a great guy, especially for colored diamonds, if he doesn''t have what you want, call him up and talk to him and he will do his best to get it.

i hope you find what you''re looking for!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just be aware that his lighting and descriptions are quite "creative" so be aware of that when you are buying from him.

Like Dreamer said I suggest doing a search on him here...

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you Asscherhalo Lover
35.gif

We work very hard to describe and photograph every diamond offered for sale, to the best of our ability. It is sometimes difficult to represent color and certain characteristics accurately on a monitor, but we do our best.
We have extensive feedback from clients that tell us that the photos gave them a very good idea what the item looks like. Regardless, they may use the no-quibble return policy if they are in any way unhappy with the item.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do a search here on Rockdiamond.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 4:59:12 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
Thank you Asscherhalo Lover
35.gif

We work very hard to describe and photograph every diamond offered for sale, to the best of our ability. It is sometimes difficult to represent colour and certain characteristics accurately on a monitor, but we do our best.
We have extensive feedback from clients that tell us that the photos gave them a very good idea what the item looks like. Regardless, they may use the no-quibble return policy if they are in any way unhappy with the item.
Wow - the diamonds on your website look gorgeous
30.gif

Asscherhalo Lover - I don't think I could stand the temptation and metal torture of living so close to all those fabulous stones
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 5:40:35 PM
Author: Londongirl1

Beware of lighting techniques that would make even the worst-cut diamonds look gorgeous.

Also he is often here trying to confuse readers about what constitutes good cut, in the name of respecting diversity of opinion.

He argues against tools that help consumers filter out poorly-cut diamonds like the Idealscope, the ASET scope and the HCA.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Kenny,
I am proud of the results people will find searching for posts I''ve written, as well as posts of actual clients.

I do not believe there is a single instance of a post on any thread where people who have actually seen our goods and compared them to the photos complain about them not being representative.
None of the criticism comes from anyone who''s actually seen the specific diamonds we photograph.

Given that any photo is only a depiction of a real thing, it stands to reason there is always going to be different perspectives about the quality of representation of any photo of any thing.
I''ve learned to live with people insulting my work.
For every insult there''s been many thousands of compliments- most importantly from the people who have purchased based on the photos.

I truly love the job of selecting the diamonds we buy for the site. How a diamond is cut is s very important in my decision making process.

I''m very proud of the stones, and the manner in which we represent them.

Thank you Londongirl1!!!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 6:21:43 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
Hi Kenny,
I am proud of the results people will find searching for posts I''ve written, as well as posts of actual clients.

I do not believe there is a single instance of a post on any thread where people who have actually seen our goods and compared them to the photos complain about them not being representative.
None of the criticism comes from anyone who''s actually seen the specific diamonds we photograph.

Given that any photo is only a depiction of a real thing, it stands to reason there is always going to be different perspectives about the quality of representation of any photo of any thing.
I''ve learned to live with people insulting my work.
For every insult there''s been many thousands of compliments- most importantly from the people who have purchased based on the photos.

I truly love the job of selecting the diamonds we buy for the site. How a diamond is cut is s very important in my decision making process.

I''m very proud of the stones, and the manner in which we represent them.

Thank you Londongirl1!!!
David - if my lottery numbers ever come up I''d be happy to fly over from London and check out your rocks
1.gif

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
David, I don''t have an opinion one way or another since I haven''t done business with you. But I have to say that you really handle yourself with class and aplomb in this thread.

From your posts, I would certainly give your business a call if I were in the market for a diamond.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I have bought 3 pieces from David. The first one I actually was a little disappointed with. I think it was a combination of me over-expecting and David''s description being a little too creative! However, I never mentioned anything to him as at the end of the day it was a lovely diamond. I even went back and bought another diamond (which was totally as per the photos and description).

Strange things happen and one day I was on this forum and actually made a reference to being unhappy with the first diamond (not mentioning David or DBL). David put 2 + 2 together and emailed me. He was really distressed that I hadn''t "confessed" to being unhappy and offered immediately to help. I ended up trading in the first diamond for what I can honestly say is one of my "dream" pieces. I bought a bona fide Chameleon diamond from him that I adore beyond words. David bent over backwards to find something that DID fit what I wanted and oh boy he delivered - in abundance!

So I hope that''s a balanced review from somebody that has bought from DBL.

I know that David''s posts on here can sometimes give the wrong impression and he can be seen as beligerent but honestly when you work with him, he does his best to find you what YOU want and his design ideas (colour of metal, side diamonds) are suggested with an experienced eye and he can put pieces together that look wonderful. For coloured diamonds, he''s your man!

loverock

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 7:00:32 PM
Author: Gleam
David, I don''t have an opinion one way or another since I haven''t done business with you. But I have to say that you really handle yourself with class and aplomb in this thread.

From your posts, I would certainly give your business a call if I were in the market for a diamond.

I agree.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 5:48:23 PM
Author: kenny

Date: 12/28/2009 5:40:35 PM
Author: Londongirl1

Beware of lighting techniques that would make even the worst-cut diamonds look gorgeous.

Also he is often here trying to confuse readers about what constitutes good cut, in the name of respecting diversity of opinion.

He argues against tools that help consumers filter out poorly-cut diamonds like the Idealscope, the ASET scope and the HCA.
HI:

Kenny, I find your post unnecessiarily antagonistic. If you cannot add value in answering the OP's original question, then I respectfully request you to stop sitrring the pot.

Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 8:33:15 PM
Author: loverock

Date: 12/28/2009 7:00:32 PM
Author: Gleam

I agree.
I''ll be redundant and +1 this. DBL would be one of the first places I''d look for a coloured diamond
1.gif

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I am in love with the (sold
39.gif
) horsehead diamonds that David had
30.gif
Someday....I have a whole project planned out for one!
9.gif

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I've never bought from David at Diamonds by Lauren. There are some people who don't like how he lights the diamonds from behind while taking their pictures. I have to say, this vendor is the only one who posts pictures I can spot inclusions in right away so I prefer his method.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I''d like to ask that the OP''s thread be respected. Anything other than a customer''s first hand experience buying from DBL would be irrelevant so please stop making references to posts made by Rockdiamond.

I bought one diamond ring and ended up with 2 (in a way). David is very particular about customer satisfaction. I had the first ring resized but one of the melee diamonds went missing in transit so I emailed him about it. He responded very quickly, offered to have it shipped back for repairs at no charge if I wished. He also offered me a replacement ring of a slightly higher value at no charge if I prefer that option instead. He''s a helluva guy, so buy with confidence. Also check out the CDi forum linked to DBL''s website for more in depth discussions on DBL''s pieces. They will probably tell you the same thing I just did.

What I like about DBL''s websiite? Colored diamonds in their glorious colors. No efforts were spared to highlight the inclusions or flaws in the diamond, with magnified pics and sufficient lighting. From the pictures I posted of my DBL ring (in SMTR) using my own PnS Lumix TZ-7 camera, clearly DBL has not embelished any of their diamonds'' photos, so I find claims over backlighting rather unfair and grossly exaggerated.

Btw, I''m not saying all these as a satisfied DBL customer. From my own personal interactions with the jewelers/sales, I''d also rate GoG, JamesAllen and ERD rather highly. But if you''re into fancy colored diamonds, DBL is the place to go. :)

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Speaking as an appraiser, the thing about David is that he trusts his eyes and buys what looks good to him as an expert.

Sometimes this falls outside the conventional measure of beauty. But beautiful it (often) is, none the less.

I respect his refusing to fall into the "cookie cutter" mold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results