shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone got recommendations for a brilliant sunblock?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone

New DH and I are jetting off on honeymoon in just under four weeks. We are going to Mauritius for 10 days and Dubai for three. I need fantastic sunblock. I have red/strawberry blonde hair and freckles - the classic celtic skin that shouldn''t be exposed to the sun very much. I have no plans whatsoever to lie around in the sun for hours, more like in the shade with a book, but obviously I still need a fab sunblock. I use them here in the UK all the time but wondered if there was an amazing product that I have never heard of or tried. If possible I want to avoid something that clogs the pores to avoid prickly heat too.

Any suggestions gratefully received
35.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 3:51:23 AM
Author:Samantha Red
Hi Everyone

New DH and I are jetting off on honeymoon in just under four weeks. We are going to Mauritius for 10 days and Dubai for three. I need fantastic sunblock. I have red/strawberry blonde hair and freckles - the classic celtic skin that shouldn''t be exposed to the sun very much. I have no plans whatsoever to lie around in the sun for hours, more like in the shade with a book, but obviously I still need a fab sunblock. I use them here in the UK all the time but wondered if there was an amazing product that I have never heard of or tried. If possible I want to avoid something that clogs the pores to avoid prickly heat too.

Any suggestions gratefully received
35.gif
Hi Samantha,

I don''t tan at all - just go lobster and back to white again - so I gave up going anywhere near the sun many years ago!

I use Nivea Factor 50 - the spray-on stuff for kids - which is really nice and doesn''t feel sticky like the old-fashioned stuff does. I''ve also been trying out Banana Boat but the spray seems to jam all the time which is annoying.

I tried lots of the more expensive ones when I lived in Italy and always came back to the Nivea as it was very effective at high SPF factor and didn''t leave white residue unlike some!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I use Water Babies. It works well and doesn''t smell as bad as some do. I hate the sunscreen smell. So wish they could find a way to do away with that smell. I''m fair as well and freckled, too. Water Babies keeps the sun from making me red and hot and in pain.

Have a fun honeymoon!!!
9.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Most sunscreen and sunblock has highly toxic chemicals in it that are absorbed into the skin to block the suns rays. Thus, I recommend a chemical-free sunblock such as Burt''s Bees or the sort.

Enjoy your Honeymoon and best wishes for safe sunning!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most sunscreens make my face break out. Usually, I wear a hat!

Hope you have a great vacation.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I use California Baby sunblock for DD. DH and I use Neutrogena. I suggest just using a physical sunblock containing titanium oxide or similar.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the fantastic recommendations everyone, I will do some investigating

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got the same coloring as you and I swear by Neutrogena for my face. Love it. They even have a 75 spf; I know it''s not more effective, but it can''t hurt, right? For my body, I usually just get something water proof with a high spf ... typically those "sport" formulas that won''t sweat off, but I don''t have a favorite brand really.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I second neutrogena. The dry touch one in particular. Its the only sunscreen I can tolerate. I HATE the greasy beachy smelling ones.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m obsessed with Clinique''s spray block. It''s expensive, but worth it. I''ve used other spray blocks and not been as happy. The clinique spray is super quick to apply, it''s a 30, and it won''t get your hands greasy, it''s oil-free and very, very, very lightly scented (I think technically it''s unscented, but all block has a bit of a small). In the summer, I keep a bottle in the car and in the golf bag, and we pack a couple if we go on vacay (just need to remember to re-apply when getting out of water). I also like how the packaging functions so it doesn''t get everything around it oily.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results