shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone got a strong blue fluorescent diamond?

Just_Starting

Shiny_Rock
Seen some potential 'bargains' that have strong blue fluorescence but can't seem to quite find the information I really want. So, very strong fluorescence can make the diamond appear oily/milky, so just strong fluorescence is alright? How often is the fluorescence apparent (walking around outside etc... real daily use examples please)? I'm looking at E-F colour mostly, might go down to a G though. I quite like the idea of fluorescence so long as it isn't apparent too often. I'd love to hear about any of your experiences with blue fluorescence diamonds, so thanks in advance for any replies :).

Tennismom

Rough_Rock
I just got mine yesterday so fluorescence is new to me. I love my stone! I have one picture of it outside and blue from yesterday. Today was cloudy so it was just dazzling white. My diamond is e color, Vs1 with strong blue fluorescence. It is so clear and just shines and sparkles, picks up colors around it. I am beyond happy with it. My last diamond that I lost was E also before I lost it. I replaced it with a G but just couldn't love it so I sent it back and finally found this diamond. I was a little nervous about the fluorescence until I saw it in person.

_16868.jpg

_16869.jpg

Just_Starting

Shiny_Rock
That's exactly what I was looking for! Glad to hear you love your diamond, it looks amazing. Thank you for sharing the pictures, I will show them to my partner and hope she wants one ^_^.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Just_Starting

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again Gypsy :D. Just glanced over the thread looks really good, will look at it in more depth now :).

Tennismom

Rough_Rock
So glad that the pictures could help. You have been given some great links by Gypsy. I searched for strong fluorescence on here and also googled it. Read everything that I could find and had my jeweler make sure that it was not milky/hazy/oily. I am so glad that I didn't settle and kept looking for my perfect stone.
Have fun searching and researching!

Just_Starting

Shiny_Rock
Yeah Gypsy is awesome ^_^. Well provided my partner likes it I'll hopefully be able to get a bargain on one :). I am also currently searching the forum thoroughly, before I just did a Google search but it didn't pick up a lot of what is on here (at least not within the first few pages).

Thank you both for your help, I'll keep doing my research and hopefully find a nice one :).

Just_Starting

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is amazing! Thanks for that :).

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to clarify not all very strong blues will be milky/oily and not all strong blue's will be free off this effect.

you've probably read from the other threads but the grading is quite imprecise when it comes to fluorescence. it's a sliding scale and hard to judge. the top of the strong blue might have a very similar amount of fluorescence as a very strong blue. its not as simple and that this egg is broken and that one is whole.

the negative effects can't be directly predicted by their grading although negative effects would be found more commonly in very strong blue. the negative effects arn't as common as some people would have you believe.

when i was 'just starting' i found Jonathon from GOG's videos invaluable. heres one on fluorescence i was watching recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKDshYGBdko

if you hang around long enough you will have to change your user name :razz:

Just_Starting

Shiny_Rock
Ha thanks for the reply/video link I'll definitely watch it :). I will have to be careful when selecting one and try to determine if it is milky etc myself, I'm quite happy to get a very strong fluorescent diamond so long as it is blue and not oily/milky. Regarding my name, I do intend to stick around and hopefully be able to get good enough to give others useful information too ^^, but the name will be staying the same :lol:

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
I own a number of strong / very strong fluor stones.

These stones are unique and have a 'hidden' personality that only comes out in special conditions.

As others have mentioned, be sure to always have a fluor stone inspected to ensure no negative fluor effects.

Be cautious of yellow or white fluorescence, as these may negatively affect the appearance of the stone.

That being said, I wouldn't buy a stone without fluorescence, so I applaud your choice to consider these stones and have a feeling you will be pleased with your choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results