shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone from Portugal? Need advise.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) what other than Lisbon cities to visit? We plan to rent a car.
2) what do we absolutely have to see? Like, can’t miss. History, art, churches, whatever.
3) what food do we absolutely have to try? (Not a fun of Spanish paella and anything tomato-based, otherwise, everything goes).

Thank you in advance!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have only been to Lisbon, and even that for work ,( so my finest memories are breakfasts of Pao de lo (the best sponge cake!) and tasting some dozen of desert wines well worth their absurd prices. Fun country!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What time of year are you going? The Azores are magical, but during rainy season I'd skip.
Porto is an easy second choice, lots of culture and port vineyards!
For food, sardines are VERY popular. Go with an open mind and try some! Fejoida is a bean stew that is delicious (actually the national dish of brazil, settled by the portugese).

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are going to go in the rainy season.
So, no Azores.
Porto it will be.
What about Faro?

Reactions: AV_

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Sintra is really cute. It's a day trip even. Coimbra is very pretty. Look at Evora too. Faro is also worth checking out.

The egg tarts- pasties de nata, chicken Peri Peri and Portuguese steak. All good stuff!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @elizat !

Are there any historic sites to see? Like, castles? Or something like Alhambra in Spain?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It's been a few years since I have been, but yes, Sintra is a wonderful little place to visit. I loved my trip to Portugal.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/portugal/lisbon/sintra

There's the Palacio Nacional de Pena, the Palacio Nacional de Sintra, the Castelo de Mouros (ancient castle ruin) and it's just a cute town with a great atmosphere.

Coimbra:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/portugal/central-portugal/coimbra

Was the medieval capital, large cathedral and dates back to Moorish times. I thought it was charming.

Evora is a walled city and a UNESCO heritage site. There is the Temple of Diana, a cathedral, a bone chapel, etc. Lots to see and do.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Thank you! Will do!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Faro old town is well worth a visit. Lots of teeny, winding cobbled streets & cafes with delicious pastries. Also lots of little shops & pretty jewellers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results